Subject: The Tale of Years - Mega-Campaign Mode for LOTR LCG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: LOTR [+] Campaign [+] [View All]
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

At start : thank you for this work.

I'm not sure that no one else told you but I can't see Mablung in heroes available's list. I consider availability the same as his friend Damrod. Is it make a sense ?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check that out, thanks.

You proposal makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea about where to add "Angmar Awakened" and "The Lost Realm" in Campain Mode ?
Before Hunt of Gollum or before Against The Shadow may be ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lost Realm rules insert says about heroes coming back to Rivendell after Ring-Maker adventures and going to Angmar from there. To get something to fill the journey, I'd go with Ring-Maker -> Redhorn -> Road to Rivendell -> Murder at Prancing Pony -> Lost Realm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have not decided yet, but for now we will certainly follow the timeline of the game which is playing Angmar after the Ring Maker.

Also if you're playing with the Tale of the Years campaign rules, be aware that we house-ruled the Encounter Side Quest to be worth 3 victory points (not 10) obviously for balancing issue. You still count the full 10 poings for scoring purpose though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Same question for Grey Haven expansion. I thought insert it after "Against the Shadow" Cycle. What do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek B
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading through this Campaign one word comes to mind - EPIC
Congratulations to you and your colleagues in putting this together
looking forward to trying it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that this was last edited last march 2015, its been about a year now... so any new updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
I see that this was last edited last march 2015, its been about a year now... so any new updates?

This will be updated in the next few weeks, with actually lots of changes. Less restrictions (at least on player decks and player decks management) and more interaction with the "dead pile", as well as more options and ways to spend your victory points.

We're absolutely not abandoning the project, it's just it requires some work and a great deal of balancing/playtesting.

As for The Grey Havens and subsequent cycles, we actually don't know yet. Waiting for my copy to show up (probably on monday/tuesday), read the story and decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Billington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and a few guys are really keen to start making our way through this....should we hold off until version 3 is complete? Amazing work by the way!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we're still balancing it but we're getting closer, much closer to completion. Just hold on a few weeks again (I'd wager for an early april release).

Just a teaser, we have re-focused the design on reinforcing the way victory points, their spending, and interaction with the dead pile works.

We also did what we thought we would never do: design custom cards (new type...(!!)) to support the campaign mode. Note that the campaign mode will still be playable without printing new cards.

The rules were streamlined and we're getting close to self-satisfaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bille mann
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news.
Looking for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Billington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news. I don't think we can wait until early April to start though. Could you possibly tell me if there are any changes to the order of missions from The Hobbit up until Escape from Dol Guldur? That way, we can make a start this week and then make adjustments when version 3 is with us. Keep up the great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no change whatsoever in scenario order.
Keep track of your victory points earning and spending so you can adjust then!

Good luck! The Hobbit Campaign is actually quite well balanced as it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alcock
England
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Galdor of the Havens or Rossiel be available as a character choice from the beginning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am Still patiently waiting for this latest update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrdet wrote:
Will Galdor of the Havens or Rossiel be available as a character choice from the beginning?

They will :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Billington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just about made it through the first part of the Hobbit last night...losing Gimli to poison at one point, but Fortune or Fate brought him back! Fili and Kili were the only Unique characters dead by the time we finished....
I have two questions:
1.) My buddy Steve is very apprehensive about the Lake Town scenario, suggesting that it's nigh impossible (we've only beaten it once and that was with 2 tailor made decks)- I said not to worry, as Bilbo and his magic ring will help with the defense. HOWEVER- do we still receive Bilbo as an extra hero during this mission? (As it isn't officially part of the Hobbit Campaign)
2.) Do unique characters remain in the dead pile throughout the campaign? For example, could I resurrect a character who died in the first mission much later down the line by spending victory points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations James!

1) yes that's exactly how we play it, I'll add that to the FAQ
2) absolutely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alcock
England
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having an absolute blast with this so far. Such a great implementation of a great game. Can't wait for the next session and the massacre at Lake Town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Billington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for all the questions! After using Thrors key or map successfully, would they go to the dead pile, as a unique attachment leaving play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thror's Key would go to the dead pile, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Michalowski
Poland
Jaworzno
flag msg tools
Hello guys,

First thing first, thank you for all the work you put into this project, it looks absolutely amazing!

But to the point. Next week we are starting campaign and I have two questions.
First one is about Victory Points[43] which you spend to get profits for completing some parts of it. My question is why you are reciving less points on Easy than on Standard, Nightmare Mode? You can use them to various things so why on easier mode you are recieving less points? What am I missing?

Second thing is about players which get eliminated.
If one player is eliminated and second will make it through you have to wait until Narrative pause before they can play again together?
So if I am playing with my friend, and one of us is eliminated for example at first scenario he have to play all scenarious through Pause, and second player can in this time just watch?

Or again am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
banana
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

Basically, you get less VP easy mode, cos' it's easier You probably will have less damage to heal or so. Just be aware that version 3 have totally revamped the way victory points are allocated, but one thing that is sure is our playtesting and statistics made us keep that difference between easy and normal mode.

For your second question, this is the way version 2 was designed yes.
We abandonned that in version 3. Rule now read:
"[21] When any player has been eliminated by reaching
the threat limit, a defeat condition of a scenario, or
by the death of all his X heroes, he can get back into
the campaign at the next scenario and that player
gets a +X starting threat penalty."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Billington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on a date for Version 3? I'm so excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.