Popular Tags: [View All]
Angela Kincaid
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My first game of the day was my first game of 5 Straight . This gem has been sitting on my shelves for a long time, and it's great. The rules are simple. The aim is to get 5 in a row, just like in Pente. On your turn you either take a card, or you play a card and place a peg at the number on the card or higher . That makes it really easy to block people with high numbers, and nigh on impossible to block those with lower numbers. The number are 0 through 99, and there is one card for each. Number one is in the center and the sequence sort of spirals its way to the edge of the board. I was deal 94, 95, and 96 (new deck). So my opponents are each doing bang up jobs of setting things up in the center, and I start my oh so obvious job of trying to get 5 in a row on the edge. They both had 4 in a row, but needed small numbers to finish. When I got my 3 in a row, I said it was so I could at least pretend I was playing. Then I placed something outside my line, and made noises about how that one would win it for me. They fell for the verbal banter and blocked it. It was perfect for one of them, as it lined up stuff for them. I blocked *that*, placing the fourth one in my line as such (* * * _ *). I made a big deal about blocking them. Again, they fell for it. Neither of them noticed I only had one peg to go, and the number on the slot was 93. Everyone had numbers small enough to block. But they missed it! It was amazing. I'll never get that lucky again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.