Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the cubes a limited supply in this game (i.e. you only get 20 road workers the entire game)? This seems too small a number (especially in a 2 player game) since until the end of the game, the only way you get your cubes back is if they're taken out by a quake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
The cubes are considered to be an "infinite supply" in the standard game so if you would happen to run out in a 2 player game, you could then use cubes of a color that aren't being used by any player. Mathematically, it is possible to run out of cubes during a two player game, but it isn't likely (it never happened during the bazillions of playtests of the game).

I asked Atlas Games to include an infinite supply of cubes with the game, but they kept saying something about cost-prohibitive, and weight issues with the box (apparently UPS doesn't have a set fee for infinite weight).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Always nice to get a quick response from the game's designer. Got the game yesterday and played two 4-player games. Cube supply was never really an issue, although the orange player did get close in the second game (lucky thing my copy got packaged with 21 orange cubes). It was only after two of the players had to leave and we tried a 2 player game that the issue came up. I actually did run out of cubes that game, so just ended up using another color. I think it was a combination of me getting all the quakes, and the other player playing sub-optimally (building along the fault lines) that created the problem though. I could see how in a more even game the issue probably wouldn't come up very often. Thanks again for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.