GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hardly ever use the rectangular modifier tokens in my games. It's too much of a hassle for me to dump them out, organize them, and then put them in and out of play. I foolishly rely on my memory to keep track of what's going on in the game. Of course, this means I miss stuff. That doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to NOT miss stuff. I'm thinking if I had the tokens pre organized in a plano box, I would use them more. So I ask BGG what would be the best size to get that fits in the Vengence box insert and can sort the tokens well. Bonus points if it can also hold the Hp tokens (I usually use dice or poker chips).

Also, it seems like the oversized villain cards have been out of print forever. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on preordering the WotC expansion. I would like to add the villain cards to combine shipping. Any idea if they'll be reprinted in time to do that? Could I preorder now, and if the cards get reprinted in say November, could I still add them to the preorder shipping?

Thanks everybody!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about the plano box sizes. A lot of people have made their own with foam-core or similar (I've seen a couple that are 3D printed). I really only use the +/- damage ones, so I keep those in a bag separate from the rest of them, which I can pull out if I really need them.

I assume that oversized villain cards will be reprinted sometime after the WotC villain cards are finalized. This would probably not be in time to include in a pre-order, but that's just my gut feeling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Theere is little efficiency to be gained by sorting your effects tokens. It's tedious and not very helpful in speeding game play.

Instead, just keep using the tokens when they are indicated. You will soon learn the color for a particular effect and, just as importantly, the color of its flip side.

Sooner than you think, you will be able to fish out a "-1 Damage Dealt" or "Cannot Deal Damage" token from the pile as easily as you can retrieve a nickel from a pile of mixed change.

This WILL improve your gaming experience, and requires no particular thought or effort. But you do have to put in the time to train your eyes and fingers...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D
United States
Dover
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
When you feel the ground rumble, know an OGRE is coming.
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I use condiment containers. Small cheap tuperware style containers that are used to hold condiments for travel (pretty sure the same size as these). I then use 1 for the 1hp, 1 for the 5hp and 1, for the 10 & 25hp. That gives me the little baggies leftover. One bag holds just the status indicators (all damage fire, immune, etc), another holds the modifiers (+/- damage taken/delt, etc) Makes it so I can quickly find whatever I am looking for.

The 3 I use easily fit in my Vengence box. With room for 2 more if I had them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
Theere is little efficiency to be gained by sorting your effects tokens. It's tedious and not very helpful in speeding game play.

Instead, just keep using the tokens when they are indicated. You will soon learn the color for a particular effect and, just as importantly, the color of its flip side.

Sooner than you think, you will be able to fish out a "-1 Damage Dealt" or "Cannot Deal Damage" token from the pile as easily as you can retrieve a nickel from a pile of mixed change.

This WILL improve your gaming experience, and requires no particular thought or effort. But you do have to put in the time to train your eyes and fingers...


That's not my experience at all. I'm much faster if I have everything sorted into piles.

I keep them in separate little bags in the box, so they are already sorted when I start to play. I dump out the +/- damage tokens at the start because they are used very frequently, but everything else stays in its bag until we actually need that token. When it's removed, it goes back next to the bag.

Cleanup's pretty quick, and it's certainly more time-effective for me to spend a couple of minutes rebagging while we're discussing how awesome the game was than it is to have to paw through a huge mixed pile of tokens every single time you need one - even if you have the colours memorised you still have to find the thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
igneusmortia wrote:
I use condiment containers. Small cheap tuperware style containers that are used to hold condiments for travel (pretty sure the same size as these). I then use 1 for the 1hp, 1 for the 5hp and 1, for the 10 & 25hp. That gives me the little baggies leftover. One bag holds just the status indicators (all damage fire, immune, etc), another holds the modifiers (+/- damage taken/delt, etc) Makes it so I can quickly find whatever I am looking for.

The 3 I use easily fit in my Vengence box. With room for 2 more if I had them.


Ah yes, I have 5 little metal dishes in my set that are meant for condiments. They are perfect for filling with tokens, with the ones in two dishes - since the ones are the most frequently used it makes sense to have a set of them at either end of the table anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, it seems like the oversized villain cards have been out of print forever.


My order has been "pending" for eight months now. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
given Wrath of the Cosmos is being preordered, likely when that goes to the printer so too will reprints of all products. Easier, cheaper, more effective that way.


as for On Topic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/lynkfox/IMAG0014.jpg

tahts my solution. Works out really well in terms of using the tokens quickly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Dean
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of storage solutions for SotM, I have a lot of extra fan designed cards printed up and nowhere to store them. What do other people use. Ideally I'd like something with the same dimensions as the enhanced edition box.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncle G wrote:
Speaking of storage solutions for SotM, I have a lot of extra fan designed cards printed up and nowhere to store them. What do other people use. Ideally I'd like something with the same dimensions as the enhanced edition box.


I believe Sentinels of the Multiverse: Vengeance comes in the same sized box as EE. Sooo....get that? thumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Dean
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
Uncle G wrote:
Speaking of storage solutions for SotM, I have a lot of extra fan designed cards printed up and nowhere to store them. What do other people use. Ideally I'd like something with the same dimensions as the enhanced edition box.


I believe Sentinels of the Multiverse: Vengeance comes in the same sized box as EE. Sooo....get that? thumbsup

Sorry - should have mentioned I already have the enhamced edition and Vengeance, and I bought RC and IR as individual expansions and moved the cards from those sets into the Enhanced Edition box, so I don't need the combined re-issue.. Currently I am trying to squeeze the Cauldron cards in with Vengeance, but they don't all go. The ideal solution would be a third box with the same dimensions as EA or Vengeance. Does anyone know who supplies the box for GTG? I'd be OK with an undecorated box with a divider.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You need someone who has the EE and Vengeance and bought the combined RC/IR and therefore has a spare box.

I would like one myself, but the only person I know who got RC/IR has just ordered all the Cauldron stuff himself so he'll need it for that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to order the combined RC/IR box separately while that was an option and was able to fit in everything including the Cauldron. I don't have room for anything else though, so once Cosmos comes out, I'll have to figure out something else.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Dean
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
refugeesfromreality wrote:
You need someone who has the EE and Vengeance and bought the combined RC/IR and therefore has a spare box.

I would like one myself, but the only person I know who got RC/IR has just ordered all the Cauldron stuff himself so he'll need it for that.

That would be ideal. Maybe someone will see this post and contact me with a proposed sale.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.