GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Pixel Tactics 3» Forums » Rules

Subject: Failsafe Leader and Gambler Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jared naugle
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Alice Zero / Failsafe

Leader: As a free action once per round, you may attach a card from your hand to this leader. Remove any attached card from the game at the end of each round, then draw 1 card. you have the Leader power of the attached card.

Question: Does this have to be done at the beginning of the round or can this action be used to attach during even the Rear Wave. If so, does this end at the current Round when placed during Rear Wave or like "Ongoing Orders" go until after three Waves passed to dis-attach then draw a card?

Wilhelm Barts / Gambler

Order: Pick up and shuffle all heroes and corpses in the unit of your choice. Randomly deal them back into the previously occupied spaces.

Question: During this Pick up from either side, does damage that was placed on heroes disappear during the action or returned after resolving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There's nothing that says it must be done ath the start of the round. You could very well hold off until the right card comes along and use it during the rear wave. However, regardless of when you take the free action, the card goes away at the end of the round.

2. That's an interesting question. I would assume the damage remains, though it sonds like a real pain in the neck to keep track of where the cards were, let alone where all the damage was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jared naugle
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
themanfromsaturn wrote:
1. There's nothing that says it must be done ath the start of the round. You could very well hold off until the right card comes along and use it during the rear wave. However, regardless of when you take the free action, the card goes away at the end of the round.

2. That's an interesting question. I would assume the damage remains, though it sonds like a real pain in the neck to keep track of where the cards were, let alone where all the damage was.

1. That is true I can do the free action anytime on any wave but forces the question why would I want to use it during the Rear Wave knowing it going to be used up for one Wave to really affect anything for this Leader? That's where I asked if I should treat it like an Ongoing Order would be used on this Leader changing her "leader abilities" for a full round (Example: Use the free action during the Rear Wave, effects end at the Flank Wave in the next round).

2. Just from my point of view on the "Pick up" from the Gambler Order would be to heal the damage my unit has gained indirectly but at the risk of changing the outcome of placement for my Unit.
If I used the Gambler Order against my opponent's unit, same ruling would apply but change any strategy they had going.
However, would like a answer towards this question since keeping track of damage during "Pick Up" is a big pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palimpsest
United States
California
flag msg tools
redjkn87 wrote:

Wilhelm Barts / Gambler

Order: Pick up and shuffle all heroes and corpses in the unit of your choice. Randomly deal them back into the previously occupied spaces.

Question: During this Pick up from either side, does damage that was placed on heroes disappear during the action or returned after resolving?

I'm very curious about this, too... the order seems pretty weak to use on yourself if it doesn't heal the damage, but better to use on your opponent. We've been playing cards that get returned to hand (eg "pick up") as removing the damage, but the cards don't actually go back in hand in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin M
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on an official ruling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eminga wrote:
Any word on an official ruling?
Brad, JR? What happens to the damage that was present on the units and corpses shuffled by the Gambler?
whistle
Please give us an official ruling! As with all your answers, I will include it in my upcoming complementary Pixel Tactics FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
redjkn87 wrote:
Alice Zero / Failsafe

Leader: As a free action once per round, you may attach a card from your hand to this leader. Remove any attached card from the game at the end of each round, then draw 1 card. you have the Leader power of the attached card.

Question: Does this have to be done at the beginning of the round or can this action be used to attach during even the Rear Wave. If so, does this end at the current Round when placed during Rear Wave or like "Ongoing Orders" go until after three Waves passed to dis-attach then draw a card?

You can do it anytime, but it still ends when the round ends, which is when the First Player badge changes hands at the end of the rear wave.

redjkn87 wrote:

Wilhelm Barts / Gambler

Damage, status effects, counters, and any other things remain with the heroes who were moved (since they do not ever leave play for another zone).

So in both cases, Ed had the correct answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.