GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

NUTS! Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: countersheet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I spend a few hours making one myself, is there a countersheet for this game somewhere? I bought the rulebook and want to try without first buying and painting all the figures I need.

If there is none, is there a comprehensive list somewhere of all the figures (and markers?) you would need for a small infantry-only scenario? Any thoughts on what to put on counters other than image and id?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great reference site... next problem is where to get them...

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Index.aspx

Good luck.

[edit]
Regarding counters... you'll need to make your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to quickly paint some leftover 6mm soldiers I just remembered I had, so I might try those instead of counters. Or maybe make a countersheet later when I want to try with more than just a handful of soldiers.

Regardless I have no clue how much of everything I need. The size of my squad is easy to look up, but how do I know (approx) how many enemy-controlled soldiers are needed for a random solo scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play FNG: Second Tour I use a couple boxes of 1/72 figures... If I need more enemy markers I drop down some pennies that I marked with a felt tip marker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how lazy or crafty you are there are several different sets of paper figures you can buy and print to the size you like. Mostly infantry but some vehicles are also available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked on the official Nuts! forums as well, and it seems like the answer is there isn't any known countersheet anyone else did. Anyway I have some very quickly painted "armies" here now, I'm going to try to use them instead to try the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Barker
United States
Winchester
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There used to be counters on the THW yahoo group. I still have mine somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.