GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
207 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eldritch Horror PBF #9: The God Below the Surface rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Dust
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the PBF thread for Eldritch Horror PBF #9
The waiting List is maintained here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/EH_PBF

This game will use the Base Game only. To participate you must own a copy of Eldritch Horror

Some particular notes for those taking part:

1) SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. And please, login at least once a day, preferably more.

2) All players must have their own copies of the game as mentioned above.

3) To speed up the game, please use Conditional Orders (i.e., geekmail me what you will do if certain circumstances arise).

4) Please use the following posting conventions:
* Normal text for discussions.
* Italics for flavor texts.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them in geekmail.

5) I would like you to make clear in each post who your character is by posting a small picture/banner and/or stating your Characters Name bold/coloured form.

6) Investigators will be chosen randomly: Every player will receive 2 randomly picked Investigators and may choose one. The Ancient One will also be chosen randomly.

Invited:
* Natsume
* Horror Leader
* Ripshawd
* Tajs - IN
* Clipper
* Titeman

Alternates:
* schmoloof
* Turgul - 1st Alternate
* Hobbyneuker - 3rd Alternate
* coinspnnr - 2nd Alternate

The alternates will be chosen on a first come, first serve basis. There will be between 4 and 6 players depending on the number of accepted invites.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9
Put me in coach!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9
If you need me, I'd be happy to play.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9
Accepting the invite.
Let's get this AO Extermination on the road ^^
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dust
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9
It looks like we have enough investigators now. I will give the remaining invitees a couple of hours to respond and will post the investigator choices later tonight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dust
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9
Alright we are ready to go here is the randomized turn order (highest goes first)

Turgul - 1d100 = (41) = 41
coinspnnr - 1d100 = (55) = 55
Hobbyneuker - 1d100 = (70) = 70
Tajs - 1d100 = (17) = 17


Investigator Choices:
Hobbyneuker:
or

coinspnnr:
or

Turgul:
or

Tajs:
or
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 582749. Dustician
  • 1d100 =
  • (41) =
  • 41
  • Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:11 am
  • [+]
  • 582750. Dustician
  • 1d100 =
  • (55) =
  • 55
  • Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:11 am
  • [+]
  • 582751. Dustician
  • 1d100 =
  • (70) =
  • 70
  • Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:12 am
  • [+]
  • 582752. Dustician
  • 1d100 =
  • (17) =
  • 17
  • Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:12 am
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9


Lily Chen it is
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9


I think I will try Lola, unless people think we need the clue generation Trish brings.

First PBF of Eldritch Horror for me also.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9
coinspnnr wrote:

I think I will try Lola, unless people think we need the clue generation Trish brings.


Just go with Lola, see where it'll takes us.
No only for Turgul.
See if we'll be Leo's Angels or more like a "Sex and the City" squad hahahahaha

p.s first time PBF for me too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9


Leo is ready
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dust
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Eldritch Horror PBF #9
Before we get started I want thank
Gilles
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
for creating amazing looking banners for use with these games along with providing me with his excel files which make it possible to run a game.

And now without further ado:



Action Phase - Round 1:



Mystery: "R'lyeh Risen" (0/2 Eldritch Tokens)
Gates:
- London
Monsters:
- London: Cultist
Active Expedition: Tunguska
Clues: London, San Francisco
Reserve: Pocket Watch, King James Bible, Private Investigator
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


We need to decide on a first player.

Since Lily and Leo are more fighter types, I am going to use my starting skill improvement to bump up my Observation.

It will take me 3 turns to reach London, everyone else can make it in 2. I will leave who wants to head to London up to you guys.

Assuming we stick with Dana going first, I am going to:

Move to Shanghai.

Make an Acquire Assets check.
4d6c[5] = (6, 1, 6, 5) = 3

Have a Shanghai encounter.

Edit: I will decide what to pick up when my turn comes up, in case things change.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 583422. coinspnnr
  • 4d6c[5] =
  • (6, 1, 6, 5) =
  • 3
  • Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 pm
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb


Turn order was already decided by the dicerolls of Dustician.
Let's just go with that.

As for Lily:
I'll move towards London, also to spread out on the map, we're a bit cluttered. Furthermore I could go expedition next turn instead of London, but that depends on the others.

1. Buy a Train Ticket
2. Move to Istanbul with the Train Ticket

I'll have a General encounter there


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


In order for Lily to make it to London next turn, you need to get a boat (or train) ticket and move to the city in India (Location 17). Then next turn you get the other kind of ticket and move using both tickets to arrive in London.

If Leo or Diana is going to London, I am fine with you going for the expedition in Tunguska. Then your sequence of moves doesn't matter this turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb

I could go from Istanbul too.
1. Buy boat ticket an go:
2. -> Rome -> London with the ticket.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


I didn't think you could buy a ticket (train or boat) if that city didn't have that kind of travel leaving it. Since Istanbul only has train routes, I thought you could only buy train tickets.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
coinspnnr wrote:


I didn't think you could buy a ticket (train or boat) if that city didn't have that kind of travel leaving it. Since Istanbul only has train routes, I thought you could only buy train tickets.


Crap, you're totally right
Sorry 'bout that.

In that case I'll still rather go to Istanbul. Just to keep options open.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stim
United States
Harvest
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Action 1: Local action - Acquire Assets 2d6c[5] = (1, 4) = 0
Action 2: Move to Space 3
Encounter: Mystery
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 583641. Turgul
  • 2d6c[5] =
  • (1, 4) =
  • 0
  • Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 pm
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbyneuker wrote:


Gues I'll go to San Fran for the clue, unless you guys think it's wiser for me to move towards London closing the gate.




Diana can still make it to London next turn after trying for the clue in San Francisco this turn. She'll need to purchase a train ticket and a boat ticket between this turn and next, but there's no need to change her plans to go to San Fran.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
coinspnnr wrote:
Hobbyneuker wrote:


Gues I'll go to San Fran for the clue, unless you guys think it's wiser for me to move towards London closing the gate.




Diana can still make it to London next turn after trying for the clue in San Francisco this turn. She'll need to purchase a train ticket and a boat ticket between this turn and next, but there's no need to change her plans to go to San Fran.


Agreed
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dust
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb


Action Phase - Round 1: (summary)



Action Phase - Round 7 (summary) wrote:

Diana Stanley:
1. ...
2. ...
Encounter: ...

Lola Hayes:
1. Travel to Shanghai
2. Acquire Assets 3 Successes: TBD
Encounter: Shanghai

Leo Anderson:
1. Acquire Assets 0 Successes
2. Travel to Space 3
Encounter: Special Encounter

Lily Chen:
1. Prepare to Travel: Train Ticket
2. Travel to to Istanbul using Train Ticket.
Encounter: General


Leo, would you like to discard one of the Assets in the reserve?
Lily, did you mean that you wanted a Istanbul encounter or do you actually want one from the general encounter deck?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustician wrote:


Just waiting on Diana's action (don't forget to bold them)

Also, Leo, would you like to discard one of the Assets in the reserve?




Assuming Diana doesn't try to acquire assets, I will take the Private Investigator and the Pocket Watch with my successes.

That may affect Leo's decision on what to discard, if anything.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb


Dustician wrote:

Lily, did you mean that you wanted a Istanbul encounter or do you actually want one from the general encounter deck?


I really mend the General encounter.
BUT after I thought this true again I rather go with the Istanbul encounter. I just found out there's a 50/50 chance for a will check encounter. So I'll go for that. (Sorry for all the mix ups and re-thinking, I'm a bit rusty at the moment )

So final decision:
Encounter: Istanbul encounter


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tajs Seelen
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
NB
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Hobbyneuker wrote:


Maybe a stupid question, but how do you know it's a 50/50 for Will? Did you read all the cards? I've played the game a few times now, but most cards are still a mystery for me, just like the backs of the conditions and most of the mystery and expedition cards for instance.


It isn't a stupid question.
I depend on the file section of Elditch Horror here on BGG.
There's a file with the percentages of encounter types per location.

I'd like to keep the thematic part hidden as well ^^
But those percentages come in handy when figuring out the possibilities.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dust
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb


Action Phase - Round 1: (summary)



Action Phase - Round 1 (summary) wrote:

Diana Stanley:
1. Travel to San Francisco
2. Prepare to Travel: Boat Ticket
Encounter: Research

Lola Hayes:
1. Travel to Shanghai
2. Acquire Assets 3 Successes: Private Investigator, Pocket Watch
Encounter: Shanghai
Reserve: Bull Whip, King James Bible, Fishing Net, Silver Twilight Ritual

Leo Anderson:
1. Acquire Assets 0 Successes
2. Travel to Space 3
Encounter: Special Encounter

Lily Chen:
1. Prepare to Travel: Train Ticket
2. Travel to to Istanbul using Train Ticket.
Encounter: General

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.