GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Age of War» Forums » General

Subject: packaging rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the image below we can see the game is in a clam-shell package.
I wonder if there's a small box inside this because these are usually not reusable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch and good question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guille Soria
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a box inside to hold the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grill Murray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The box is a typical FFG quality box, lovely as ever. Getting out of that damn clam shell is a nightmare though. I guess they've done it this way to pitch it at the Love Letter crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrillMurray wrote:
Getting out of that damn clam shell is a nightmare though.

Ditto this. We wound up with several dents and scrapes on the real box from trying to get it out of that stupid clamshell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
GrillMurray wrote:

Ditto this. We wound up with several dents and scrapes on the real box from trying to get it out of that stupid clamshell.
Um... kitchen scissors? Cut three sides off and you're good to go. It's not the packaging at fault here. Seriously. It isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Steinberg
United States
North Miami Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
StormKnight wrote:
GrillMurray wrote:

Um... kitchen scissors? Cut three sides off and you're good to go. It's not the packaging at fault here. Seriously. It isn't.

Same here. I used a small knife to cut a hole big enough for some scissors and ran it across the top 3 sides, (bottom 3 sides is actually better because it won't cause the flap to open up and make the package last longer if you liked the art, or for traveling). Either way, if you take it easy the game won't get damaged. I do like the art that is there, so not ruining it was a plus for me.

Hope others take it easy and it'll be just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.