GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Level 7 [Invasion]» Forums » General

Subject: How common is player elimination? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Hurzeler
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering how common player elimination is. I know not many have played it, but with Gen Con going on now I'm sure a few people have played it. I wonder because theirs nothing less fun than setting there watching your friends play a game after you have been eliminated. If there is player elimination is it at the last 10 15 min of the game or early on. I'm Just wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gong
United States
Kingsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played it yet, but from the rules everyone loses if a faction fails to complete their share of the Cronos research before being overrun. I'd guess that eliminations are more likely in the mid and late game so when someone is finally gone, the game is probably close to being finished (or it ends automatically if you fail Cronos).

Consider it motivation for all players to work that much harder to keep each other alive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
lol yes i am teh stabbr
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two games of this now ... one as a 2 player game (mostly just to learn the rules and get a feel for the flow of the game) and one 5 player game tonight.

Both games were won, in the 2 player game the US and South America collapsed and were eliminated but Africa/Asia and Europe got the win, in the 5 player game we all survived and won.

It always feels like a very close thing and you're just one mishap away from disaster however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.