GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,890 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Run, Fight, or Die!» Forums » General

Subject: Run, Fight, or Die! Demo at GenCon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Reynolds
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Played a demo of the game today at GenCon while picking up my Kickstarter package: it was fun, fun, fun! I got destroyed by the zombies and was awarded a "I died" button for my troubles but I can't wait for game night to introduce the gang to it. Great job to everyone involved in creating the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s making me nuts zombie of not receiving my kickstarter package that I´ve bought on Ebay.....the shipping is lasting that long from US -> Europe...although it was shipped very quickly after winning the auction. cry

Anyhow: Hopefully I will receive it soon. The reviews are outstanding concerning this game. Can`t wait to finally play it.

Have you played it with a group of 4 people?
I´m wondering whether this is also fun, since primarly it`s a solo game, isn`t it?!

Regards
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reynolds
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
We played a 4 man demo. The game is most certainly a multiplayer game that has solo rules for those who want to use them. The sweet spot seems to be 3 or 4 players (from what I've read) although I bought the 5 & 6 player expansion for the cards and characters: this is not a slam about the game in regards to number of players, we just usually have 3 or 4 players anyway! AND TRUST ME - the game looks great and is a LOT OF FUN!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is a multiplayer game with solo rules also, but the best fun is with other players. I prefer 3 or 4 players, but plays well with 5 and 6 also but has a little more down time to to the game.

I appreciate the posters recognition of the fun being in the game - that was the focus of the design; a B-movie first player zombie shooter game with all the characters imaginable in a B-movie. based on what I saw and the feedback I got from the players at Gencon - the fun in this game is having a broad appeal to gamers (male, female, adults and kids of 8 and older).

Thanks for your interest and I hope you get your copy soon.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great! I got to play it with a group of 6, and the wait time wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been. I think this really depends on the group of people you are playing with. The 6 of us were all about each other's turns, and the chaos that ensued. If you're with a group that gets anxious with the wait time, it might be better with 4. We were hollering and yelling at each other about what to do, and what the zombies were doing, cheering each other on when they were re-rolling, and trying to coax each other to press their luck and roll again, even though it just didn't make sense. We just wanted to screw with each other, really.

It's a blast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

The game is a multiplayer game with solo rules also, but the best fun is with other players. I prefer 3 or 4 players, but plays well with 5 and 6 also but has a little more down time to to the game.

I appreciate the posters recognition of the fun being in the game - that was the focus of the design; a B-movie first player zombie shooter game with all the characters imaginable in a B-movie. based on what I saw and the feedback I got from the players at Gencon - the fun in this game is having a broad appeal to gamers (male, female, adults and kids of 8 and older).

Thanks for your interest and I hope you get your copy soon.

Richard

Thanks to all of you for responding to my posting!
Great to hear that the game is making fun with all number of players.
Now I`m even more impatient of finally receiving this game...aarrrr arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.