GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,198 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Snowdonia: Jungfraubahn & Mount Washington» Forums » Rules

Subject: Snow question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've looked through all the snow questions and didn't see the answer so here goes.

We were playing Mt Washington scenario. The highest station before devils slide was fully excavated and had player markers on it. The 3 track cards to the left were empty but not built yet. The work rate is 1. Snowfall happens.

Do we :
1- begin counting at the highest fully excavated spot ( the 2nd station excavation space), but a player has cleared and marked it, and we skip it laying no snow cubes at all?
2- begin at the highest fully excavated spot that is not marked (the final track space ) and drop 2 cubes on that track space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
alenen wrote:
I think I've looked through all the snow questions and didn't see the answer so here goes.

Ok.

alenen wrote:
We were playing Mt Washington scenario. The highest station before devils slide was fully excavated and had player markers on it. The 3 track cards to the left were empty but not built yet. The work rate is 1. Snowfall happens.

Do we :
1- begin counting at the highest fully excavated spot ( the 2nd station excavation space), but a player has cleared and marked it, and we skip it laying no snow cubes at all?
2- begin at the highest fully excavated spot that is not marked (the final track space ) and drop 2 cubes on that track space.

With a Rate of 1, nothing happens. You still count the occupied spaces on the last (highest) station (there are TWO on Summit). If the rate had been 3 or more, the two track cards to the 'left' (just down the mountain from) Summit would've gained two snow each...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilczewski
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! We played correctly after all

It seemed odd that when it was raining and snowing the snowfall was so light that we barely took notice but that if it had been sunny and then snowed we would have had a much bigger snowfall.

But mechanically I understand now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.