Rivet Wars: Eastern Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are Strategic Objectives Also Bunkers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pensare33 Sam
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Hello - I could not find this clearly stated in the otherwise very good rulebook.

An infantry unit is the only type of unit that can move into a bunker. When an infantry unit is in a bunker, it gets a bolster defense (-1). I believe this means the attacker rolls one less die when in combat.

So are the strategic objectives also considered bunkers? The tiles for the two look very similar but it is not expressly stated in the rules.

If yes, it would make it a bit more difficult to counter enemy units when they have captured a strategic objective and add an air of urgency to committing troops to dislodge the opponent from the objective knowing that they would be scoring a victory point on each of their turns for controlling the objective.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Strategic objectives are not bunkers. They do have a similar appearance, but if you look closely at the piece, you can see that the objective does not have the defensive walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Nelson
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for bringing this up! I've been playing it wrong the whole time. This will make things work quite differently, and I like it. Playing with the SOs having Bolster Defense, it's really been about who gets to the SOs first, and that means whoever has the first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favourite aspects to the game! Infantry in SOs have very little defence and there's a real trick to making sure you have a constant flow of troops to make sure an empty SO can be filled quickly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls