Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Suzanne
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were commiserating on Twitter about watching all the posts about GenCon when Jason (NakedMeeple.com) and I came up with this UnConvention idea. Hence GenCant2014 was born.

It's kind of exploded throughout the day on Twitter and now it's a real thing.

http://gencant.wordpress.com

We have a fun photo contest that's easy to enter and people in the community have been coming out of the woodwork to donate some amazing prizes. A bunch of the Dice Tower Network crew are involved as well now.

We have games, prototype copies, handmade items, just a ton of awesome stuff. So take a look. If you're not on Twitter, it's easy to join and may be worth it to watch the craziness.

Whether you knew it or not, if you're not at GenCon - you're at GenCan't!

If you're already part of GenCant - feel free to post here. Organize a virtual game with a virtual friend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanne
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P.S. I have a BGG Guild request submitted...but with their team at GenCon - I think we'll have to wait on that approval a few days. But it'll be great for the rest of the year and GenCant2015!

UPDATE

Our guild was approved. Feel free to join here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/2014

- look near the top right corner of the Guild main page
- click on the "Join This Guild" text link
- it will ask "Are You Sure? Yes / No"
- click "Yes"

Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight is when the gaming happens, just post up a game you want to play along with your gamecenter name (or other online ID for your chosen platform) and the game(s) you want to play.

Come out and make some new friends, get in some virtual board gaming if you are unable to play face to face with anyone tonight. Don't be left out because you can't get to Gen Con, play along with the rest if us at #GenCant2014 with #GenCantGames! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohit Sodhia

Edison
New Jersey
msg tools
When talking with Suzanne, I figured we can take #GenCant up another level!

You don't need to be around a table to play a game, and playing TTRPG's these days is pretty easy with services like Roll20. So if you're interested in playing a TTRPG one shot this weekend, post it up here to find players! Of course, there are some board games that could work by webcam as well if you wanna give that a lot.

And of course, the best games are face to face, so maybe you want to arrange a RL game in your locale; no reason not to post it up here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Duffy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be looking to play some Star Realms online later on tonight. I'm JOEDARTS - look for me around 8 pm EST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Moezilla on Star Realms, hit me up for an easy win. :)

I'll also be on Gamecenter: MoezillaTX for Lords of Waterdeep and Ticket to Ride. Might play some others but mainly want to stick with some shorter games to get as many games with different people in as possible. :)

And on Twitter, I'm @moefantasci.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tessa Van Boxtel
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! This is Board Game Duel! I'll be playing off and on throughout the day (toddlers can be distracting and all). I'm BGDUEL on Star Realms, and Tesswan on Game Center/Playdeck. Hit me up on Lords of Waterdeep and Ticket to Ride! My play might be a bit sporadic, but that's why Async games are awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barton
England
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Pariah on Star Realms. I'm a newb, so be gentle with me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VacaBCK on Star Realms and just about every other gaming thing on the planet including Game Center.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D O'Brien
United States
Western New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea. I'm hoping to make some gaming time later in the weekend but now it's time to order the official pizza of gen can't 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, dinner has been eaten so now it's time to catch up on game invites and to start playing!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Pyne
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
#GenCant2014 oddball Aeronauts Event

Over on Google+ there's the 'League of Extra-oddball Aeronauts' - http://goo.gl/ZugDMP - where you can play oddball Aeronauts with anyone using google hangouts.

Over on twitter there's the #GenCant2014 phenomena for those not attending GenCon this year.

What happens when the League of Extra-oddball Aeronauts meets #GenCant2014? A virtual event - that's what!

Want to learn how to play oddball Aeronauts? Pick up some tactics tips? See sneak peaks of the next 2 factions - Mechinauts and Free Kingdoms? Join in a Q&A? And...some other stuff?

If so join me - Nigel - on Sunday 17th Aug at 18:00 BST (that's 19:00 in Europe, 14:00 EST, 11:00 CST, 09:00 PST)

Easiest way to join the event is to join the 'League' (even if just temporarily!) first - http://goo.gl/ZugDMP - and the #GenCant2014 event is the latest post in the feed.

Would be great to meet some of you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanne
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MicroStack Games wrote:
Is it possible to update the website with a list of entries for the contest?

May have donated 1 or 2 games as well. Thanks Suzanne!

Edit: Twitter - @MicroStackGames

Do you mean a list of the people who have submitted pics for the contest? I wasn't planning on posting them on the website. I'll be creating a spreadsheet with all of them...but not until Monday after submissions are closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanne
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MicroStack Games wrote:
gibbous wrote:
MicroStack Games wrote:
Is it possible to update the website with a list of entries for the contest?

May have donated 1 or 2 games as well. Thanks Suzanne!

Edit: Twitter - @MicroStackGames

Do you mean a list of the people who have submitted pics for the contest? I wasn't planning on posting them on the website. I'll be creating a spreadsheet with all of them...but not until Monday after submissions are closed.

Just some of the pictures submitted for the contest.

We're going to post some of our favorites. There have been so many great ones - too many to post 'em all. But some of our faves - for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.