GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,855 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Sentinel Tactics: The Flame of Freedom» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Lupo
United States
atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
The manual talks about how only unlimited abilities can be repeated, so that's pretty clear.

However, later when it talks about "actions anyone can do" it doesn't refer to them with the same keyword. That is it doesn't call them abilities, and only refers to them as actions. It also doesn't say that actions are limited to single use a turn. However, it gives the tip that you can sprint to get some extra movement on your turn. This implies a limit, and I wouldn't have picked up on this had that line not been added. Still, I wonder how I should handle it. For now I've decided that you can only do "actions anyone can do" once per round. Is that correct?

On page 3 it says "but does not have to use an action." when it is talking about the health abilities that damage characters when they use them. This implies that a person could decide to use an action when they activate this. I'm sure it's just awkward phrasing, but in case it's not why would you want to use an action when activating that type of ability?

I was also wondering if my understanding of how to handle incaps work was correct, but I found on another thread that I was handling it correctly. The phrasing for that section should be cleaned up a bit.

Thanks for any clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have it right. *all* actions are one per turn unless otherwise stated. health abilities do not 'cost' an action. I can see how you might find the wording confusing, but you got it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lupo
United States
atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Excellent!

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muttley
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
OMG. Thanks for that reminder. I had Baron Blade putting out three turrets on his turn and thinking the heroes had no chance. That totally equalized it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.