GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,553 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1671 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [67] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: The Weekender - GAME OVER, GOOD WINS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
THE WEEKENDER

This is a 13 player game that uses the single serving rule set which was developed by BlackSheep and RedShark92. Dusk is at 10:00PM BGG time and dawn is at 10:30PM. This rule set is suitable for both new and experienced players. This game will only run on Saturday, and Sunday. It is intended for those who have time to play werewolf on the weekends rather then the week days.

ROLES
All players win with their team, whether or not they remain alive at the end of the game.

TEAM EVIL (4/13)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. Parity happens when there is as many or more wolves left alive as there are non-wolves.

Werewolf (x2)
The wolves share a private chat. They select one player in secret to be killed every night.

Cultist
The cultist starts the game knowing the identity of the wolves and the sorcerer.

Sorcerer
The sorcerer views a target each night. The sorcerer receives full role and alignment information on the player they viewed. The sorcerer gets a random villager for his/her n0 view.

TEAM GOOD (9/13)
Team good wins as soon as all wolves are killed. The sorcerer and cultist do not need to be killed in order for team good to win.

Seer
The seer views a target each night. The seer receives a response of "wolf" or "not wolf". The seer receives a random non-wolf for his/her n0 view.

Aux Seer
The aux seer views a target each night. The aux seer receives a response of "aux evil" if the target is the sorcerer or the cultist, and a response of "not aux evil" otherwise. The aux seer receives a random non-aux for his/her n0 view.

Martyr
May select a target to protect each night. If a target is selected and they would normally be killed they martyr dies in the target's place.

Villagers (x6)
Villagers have no special abilities.

GAME RULES
Please refrain from posting off topic content on week days.
This game is expected to run over the course of 2 - 3 weekends, and become largely inactive Monday - Friday. Please be sure you will be available to play on three consecutive weekends before signing up.
This game uses the LHLV rules for breaking ties.
In order to prevent night sniping I will post "no talking" five minutes before dawn.
Posting game changing information (such as claims, false claims, seer views, ect.) during no talking times will result in a mod kill, or if you were going to die anyway it will result in the mod kill of someone on your team. Non-game changing posts will in most cases result in a scolding by the mod.
If you want to ask the mod a question in thread, please post it in red. I respond in gold.
Please only sign up if you can participate.
No communication with other players about the game outside of the game until it is over.
No encryption. No codes that require a pre-arranged shared secret or an application to decode. Any "hints" that everyone in the thread has an equal chance of understanding or which are based on in game information are ok.
Any players who have not participated in the last 24 hours, or posted with an explanation of why they will be gone, at the "4 hours before lynch" mark of any lynch day may be put up for replacement.
A general primer on how to play werewolf can be found here.
A link to the page on the cassandra project where you can sign up for this game can be found in the post directly below this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Weekender - Now in Signups
Player List According to Cassandra:
baub64
DeMorcerf
Laladien
Livia
ljtrigirl
maytheodds
MD1616
Nitrogenesis
oloughma
Rhanddom
RoyalApe
SamNzed
Vanderscamp

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1219...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good idea but that lynch time is really terrible for me.

If it ends up changing by a few hours either way I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
This is a good idea but that lynch time is really terrible for me.

If it ends up changing by a few hours either way I'm in.

I don't see why not. Lets try 2:00
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Menzel
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Missed it by that much ...
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume it's OK to be posting game-content throughout the week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up, but the notification system doesn't seem to post my comments so:

I just signed up blah blah blah...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitti
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Laladien wrote:
I signed up, but the notification system doesn't seem to post my comments so:

I just signed up blah blah blah...

She doesn't post mine either. It confuses me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitti
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
oloughma wrote:
It always works for me. Maybe your BGG password is not correct in Cassie? I don't recall ever actually setting mine there but I've also not changed my bgg password. So maybe you changed your bgg password sometime after getting Cassie and she doesn't know the new one?
I discovered that it wasn't, at some point. And I was all, "Aha! Fixed it!"

Only to discover that even if I put the BGG password in on the "post a message to BGG" page Cassie still doesn't pass on my regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:
I assume it's OK to be posting game-content throughout the week?

Yeah, just trying to avoid making people timewarp through 10 pages of lolcats and clown pics every Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ok, I've been thinking about this schedule and I think that for people with jobs a Friday daytime lynch might easily be a conflict. So I'm thinking of changing it to just Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately this will probably make the game take 3 weekends rather than 2. I'm going to go ahead and change it now, but if anyone has any comments about this I welcome discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DeLeon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb

Just be aware - I'll sleep through the lynches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:

Just be aware - I'll sleep through the lynches.

I expect I'll adjust lynch times in future versions of this set if it takes off. What times work better for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in if you don't mind someone new to online play (in another game right now, but that's all as far as my online Wolf experience).

I'd prefer dusk to be around 11 pm BGG time, but later is fine although I can't guarantee I'll be up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
I'm in if you don't mind someone new to online play (in another game right now, but that's all as far as my online Wolf experience).

I'd prefer dusk to be around 11 pm BGG time, but later is fine although I can't guarantee I'll be up.

That's a solid lynch time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
MD1616 wrote:

Well... the latest I can do is 10pm BGG. I'll make a survey, and if enough people prefer a late lynch I can change the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Poll
What time would you prefer for a lynch? (BGG time)
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
3:00 PM
22.2% 2
5:00 PM
33.3% 3
8:00 PM
44.4% 4
9:00 PM
44.4% 4
10:00 PM
44.4% 4
TommyDanger
22.2% 2
Voters 9
This poll is now closed.   9 answers
Poll created by ThatAblaze
Closes: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
MD1616 wrote:

Well... the latest I can do is 10pm BGG. I'll make a survey, and if enough people prefer a late lynch I can change the time.

Hmmmm, wait a second...was your original suggestion 2 am or 2 pm? I didn't see an indicator either way, so I figured you were using 24-hour time and suggesting 2 am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
MD1616 wrote:

Hmmmm, wait a second...was your original suggestion 2 am or 2 pm? I didn't see an indicator either way, so I figured you were using 24-hour time and suggesting 2 am.

The current lynch time is set to 2:00PM.. and I just realized that that's not even an option on the poll, but you can't edit polls, so I guess TommyDanger will have to serve as 2:00PM this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
MD1616 wrote:

The current lynch time is set to 2:00PM.

Oh, ok. Well, I would definitely suggest making it later, then, although I'm still happily onboard if that time stays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ok, I was hoping to get a little more turnout on the poll, but I'm going to go ahead and change the lynch time to 10:00PM. For most people in the US that's the evening.

If anyone knows of two more people that might wish to sign up, I would love to start it this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitti
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: The Weekender - Now in Signups (New lynch time)
ThatAblaze wrote:
Ok, I was hoping to get a little more turnout on the poll, but I'm going to go ahead and change the lynch time to 10:00PM. For most people in the US that's the evening.

If anyone knows of two more people that might wish to sign up, I would love to start it this weekend.

Might help if you did a poll where people can select multiple options? That way you can pick the option that works for the largest number of people, rather than the option which is favourite for the largest number of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Takitti wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:

Might help if you did a poll where people can select multiple options? That way you can pick the option that works for the largest number of people, rather than the option which is favourite for the largest number of people.

ninja I have used my time machine to make it so. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just changed my vote to also include 8 and 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [67] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.