Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Brown
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the English version and one thing isn't absolutely clear.

If a tile has 3 squares on it, 5 3 3 for example, can only 1 player place a cube on the 5?

The impression I get is that for tiles that only have 3 square only 3 contributions can be made, but without actually seeing it in black and white in the rules (unless I missed it) I could envision player 1 contributing a 5 and a 3, then Player 2 wants to be part of the tile and also contributes to the 5 and both 3s ensuring they have more cubes on the tile.

Just wanted clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one player can claim a square. Once a cube has been placed that square is taken. You may however claim any of the available squares in any order.

Once all the squares have been claimed, the Master Builder is determined.

If you have claimed the majority of the squares you will be the Master Builder and get the bonus (to the right of the *).

However, if there is a tie the player who claimed the left-most square will be considered the Master Builder.

As long as you have made a minority contribution you will still get the reward shown under the *, and the neighbourhood bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.