GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,441 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretic example:

You are in a monastery. Your reputation is at zero. There are two illusionists in the unit offer. You want them both but it is the last turn of the round.

You use all of the cards in your hand to generate 10 influence.

Can you spend the first 7 influence to get an illusionist, then immediately activate it for a further 4 influence, so that you have 7 influence to get the second illusionist, which you immediately activate to gain a white crystal and the round is over?

In the rules it says that you CAN use a unit immediately, so the following should DEFINITELY be legal:

a) In the above case, activating the Illusionist immediately to acquire a unit only costing 4 influence.

b) Immediately activating the unit to gain a white crystal.

What I am unsure about is whether you can add the 4 influence from the Illusionist to the 3 "leftover" influence points to aquire the second Illusionist.

My thinking is that this IS legal, but I can't say that I'm sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure it is, thats why it is stated in the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
sure it is, thats why it is stated in the rules

Yeah, it is only the adding to the leftover part that had me wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are still ineracting, so your influence is still there
ou can play cards, add influnce from units or skills and continue interacting, it doesn't matter if you just bought the unit in that moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks! Just wanted to be absolutely sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Jack Spirio wrote:
you are still ineracting, so your influence is still there
ou can play cards, add influnce from units or skills and continue interacting, it doesn't matter if you just bought the unit in that moment

Well yeah, but you cannot transfer left-over attack or block in combat either, even if you're still blocking different units or attacking different units in the same combat.

The rulebook wasn't that clear on this to me, either. I wasn't sure if it works like movement points or like attack/block points. But the Game Walkthrough in Interaction in a Village | Spending Influence says "As with movement, you can alternate playing Influence and spending it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book for the base game doesn’t say explicitly whether influence points carry over or not, but the Lost Legion rule book clarifies this on page 9:

Quote:
Originally, you could play move and influence effects only in the corresponding phases of the game (movement, interaction), except for a few special effects (Diplomacy, Learning). Now, there are more situations where you can spend Move or Influence points during other phases of your turn, so we changed these rules:

Quote:
Unspent Move points and Influence points from previous phases of your turn are lost at the moment when you start your action phase of the turn. Also, unspent points from any phase are lost at the end of your turn.

So any influence you generate during interaction are available for the rest of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.