GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Ada Knitter
Sweden
Malmö
Skane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) If blue invades the home province of green and specifically a province with say a factory, does this block production of only this factory, or all factories? And does it block import and/or taxation in all of the country, or is this specific province just not counted for taxation purposes whilst occupied? Is the railroad disabled in the whole country while an enemy is hostile within it?

2) My rules say investor card is used when passing over investor. My cheat sheet (that comes with the game) says it is also used when landing on investor. This makes quite a big difference since you get cash when landing on investor.

3) When the rules say that one fleet can only carry one army (or whatever they're called), does it mean "only one army from the same province/area", or just one army during the whole countries' maneuver turn?

4) Can I maneuver with an army from a neutral area, across the sea by fleet, and then put the unit anywhere within the countries' home province?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
There is no knowledge that is not power
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Invasions blocks what/Investor Card - when?/ fleet transport capacity/railroading from seas
1)ONLY the invaded/attacked province is blocked from all actions plus the railroad

2)I don't know what cheat sheet you are talking about but investor card is used in both cases. Only when landing on investor the payout happens

3)one army during the whole maneuver turn. it doesn't matter form which province it came

4)yes (why this query?)what do you mean anywhere? only in the adjacent province. After you can move the unit within its home boundaries with the railroad unless it is suspended in any of its provinces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Invasions blocks what/Investor Card - when?/ fleet transport capacity/railroading from seas
AADA7A wrote:
1) If blue invades the home province of green and specifically a province with say a factory, does this block production of only this factory, or all factories? And does it block import and/or taxation in all of the country, or is this specific province just not counted for taxation purposes whilst occupied? Is the railroad disabled in the whole country while an enemy is hostile within it?

2) My rules say investor card is used when passing over investor. My cheat sheet (that comes with the game) says it is also used when landing on investor. This makes quite a big difference since you get cash when landing on investor.

3) When the rules say that one fleet can only carry one army (or whatever they're called), does it mean "only one army from the same province/area", or just one army during the whole countries' maneuver turn?

4) Can I maneuver with an army from a neutral area, across the sea by fleet, and then put the unit anywhere within the countries' home province?

1. When a factory is covered by an 'oppressive' army. The factory cannot produce a unit if green decides to move to production. The other factories can produce units. If the player decides to import as a choice it may not place units on occupied territory. But he may place units in other home territories. If the green player decides to tax, the factory that is occupied does not count in tax count, ie. 2 less from the equation. If the green controller wishes to maneuver and has army units within the territories, it may move to the occupied factory and destroy the blue army. If the army is outside the territories and moves within, it cannot use the rail system to destroy the blue unit. Moving into the territory counts as a move. The unit may move to any territory except the occupied territory. If the green player has a unit on a territory that can access a ship to land on the occupied territory, it can move to destroy the blue unit.

2. With the investor card in play, anytime a country moves over or skips investor, 2mil is paid to the one holding the card, and then they have the chance to invest. If a country hits investor, the country pays out and 2mil is given to the one holding the card and given the chance to invest. A person without any country gets to invest each and every time regardless of the country skipping or landing. 2mil is only given when that person holds the card.

3. One army can be transported by one ship period! If an army unit uses two/3/4 ships to get to a destination, all those ships are rendered as used, and cannot transport more. No matter from where.

4. The ship can only transport an army unit to an accessible territory by sea. Then you may use the rail system to position the unit anywhere within the home province, granted there are no hostile units within the home territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To elaborate further on question 2.

I feel you have come across a very vital strategic part of the game. You are right about the difference. Balancing and controlling the countries to either pay out or withhold cash to opponents is a delicate tactic. Also using countries you may have that are broke to force a player to invest is huge! The most optimal situation is when you control a country that is near the investor space, and the country has enough cash to pay all investors, and you possess the investor card. The worst situation is when you hold the investor card, and another player decides to skip investor because the country is broke and you have no money to invest when you could of paid out with your country the previous turn. Being able to control this situation of pay outs in your favor is the heart of the game in my high opinion.

If you foresee a problem as stated above in the worst case scenario, It is best to get the countries you control with money to pay out before that situation arises, or hope you have enough cash to invest. Taxation and investor are the most important spaces on the rondel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ada Knitter
Sweden
Malmö
Skane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, it wasn't the cheat sheet but the investor card which I had in mind. What confused me was just that in the rulebook it says that "'activating the investor' and 'investing as swiss bank' phases are executed when the investor space on the rondel is NOT landed on but is only passed through". And then it says nothing more on the matter, which I would take to mean that, well, you put out interest when landing on investor, and activate the investor card when passing through (which you do on the turn after paying out interest). The investor card on the other hand says that the investor "may invest once when a nation moves to or passes investor" which is exactly what 'activating the investor' is about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ada Knitter
Sweden
Malmö
Skane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Babis: So basically I wanted to know if you can transport a unit from say Romania to Prag (as Austria-Hungary), or if you could only get as far as Budapest. Basically if you could use the railroad system when the army started out in a neutral area. It just seemed to make sense somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
There is no knowledge that is not power
mbmbmbmbmb
the railroad system is only available within the nation borders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Kleinostheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AADA7A wrote:
Babis: So basically I wanted to know if you can transport a unit from say Romania to Prag (as Austria-Hungary), or if you could only get as far as Budapest. Basically if you could use the railroad system when the army started out in a neutral area. It just seemed to make sense somehow.

You could reach Prag as long as neither Prag nor Budapest+Lemberg are occupied by hostile armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.