GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,409 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Mystery Express» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How do you notate your sheet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Dube
United States
Newfields
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought this game over a year ago and have only played it once so far but I'm hoping to get it to the table more often.

For those who have played this multiple times, how do you notate your sheet to figure out clues? When I played it the one time, I tried to set up the columns to be different players (we had a 5 person game) but after the 3rd round, my notation was too much of a mess to make sense of.

It seems that a better way to do this would be to make each column be a turn on the train. Also how do you mark when cards have been passed, etc?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Davidson
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I make each column a stage a game round. One slash if I see a card once, two slashes if I see both cards (thus ruling it out). I also write letters in the corners indicating who has the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulDavidson wrote:
I make each column a stage a game round. One slash if I see a card once, two slashes if I see both cards (thus ruling it out). I also write letters in the corners indicating who has the card.

This is pretty much exactly the strategy I employed in my first game of Mystery Express last night. Worked pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.