GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,031 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Heroes of Normandie» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on impassible object in Saving Private Rex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Lynes
United Kingdom
Lowestoft
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having some difficulty understanding the meaning of the symbols at the centre of the trees/foliage on the left hand side of the bottom right tile in this scenario.

The centre symbol says that this is impassable to light and heavy vehicles, but does this relate to the entire feature surrounded by the green border, or just the squares surrounding the symbol?

Also, the arrows have got me confused, are they saying passage is only blocked in the three directions shown,but not blocked if coming from the opposite direction?

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boeck
United States
Eureka
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forest is impassable by light/heavy vehicles anywhere inside the green border. It shows this on page 9 of the rule book also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lynes
United Kingdom
Lowestoft
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Robert, I can't believe that I never saw that in the rule book - I must have read it about 3 times! Talk about missing the obvious!

One question though, you say that the forest is impassable by light/heavy vehicles anywhere inside the green border. But the rule book says "Spaces in the heart of a forest are generally impassable to vehicles". For me, I read this as the spaces indicated by the arrows (representing the heart of the forest) are impassable to vehicles, but the remaining spaces in the forest (i.e. the non-heart of the forest spaces) are passable to all units. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
blynes1976 wrote:
Thanks for the reply Robert, I can't believe that I never saw that in the rule book - I must have read it about 3 times! Talk about missing the obvious!

One question though, you say that the forest is impassable by light/heavy vehicles anywhere inside the green border. But the rule book says "Spaces in the heart of a forest are generally impassable to vehicles". For me, I read this as the spaces indicated by the arrows (representing the heart of the forest) are impassable to vehicles, but the remaining spaces in the forest (i.e. the non-heart of the forest spaces) are passable to all units. What do you think?

This is correct, it's just the three squares indicated by the arrows in the heart of the forest which are impassible to vehicles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boeck
United States
Eureka
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. When we played we just looked for the lines around the spaces like the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.