GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Sentinel Tactics: The Flame of Freedom» Forums » Rules

Subject: Incapacitation by an ally? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

Just completed the Baron Blade campaign against Tachyon and Ra, and hit an interesting point: the scenarios all say 'When the Heroes Incapacitate Baron Blade', or 'When Baron Blade incapacitates a Hero', do x...

My opponent argued, when Ra AoE'd Tachyon to death, that because it was clearly not the Baron doing the incapacitate, it didn't trigger the effect.

Fortunately, they didn't exploit this by self killing deliberately: but is this true? It seems somewhat odd as there are several times I can think of that nabbing a quick incapacitate to stop the opponents doing so would be beneficial, and it doesn't quite seem right by the spirit of the game.

It also raises questions as to the Blade Battalion or turrets... as they're not the Baron either, but surely they count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
They have to count or its too abusable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Any incapacitation counts. No getting around penalties by friendly incaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything that encourages team kills is silly and should make it obvious that's not the right way to read the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lupo
United States
atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Wait it is possible to incap a teammate? I thought you couldn't target allies? I haven't looked at all of the characters or scenarios yet, so I may have missed a trick, but under what situations can you target an ally or incap them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can target an ally, why not? Usually you don't want to, but sometimes it happens with area attacks. Area attacks don't hit yourself, but that's the only special rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.