GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,707 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: WizKids at Toronto FanExpo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt W
msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if WizKids will have a booth at this year's Toronto Fan Expo?

If not, I hope at least some of the vendor's will have Attack Wing stuff for sale, specifically the OP prizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
even if there is someone there with a booth and product to sell, it is extremely unlikely that you will see anyplace selling OP prizes. It is strictly against the distribution contracts with WK for a retailer to sell OP kit components (though everyone seems to do it on eBay anyway). Normally it is really difficult to enforce with things like eBay because there is no way to prove that the auctions are from the store and not just some random individual selling off OP prizes that they won. At an actual event like that where the store would have to rent booth space and be present at the show, it would be a lot easier to prove that they were selling things that they shouldn't and in breach of contract. I don't think any retail shop owner would risk getting cut off from dealings with WZ products let alone possible lawsuits over it.

All that said, it is possible, though very unlikely, that WK may offer (by offer, I mean allow shop owners to buy) special kits for conventions like this to use as prizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.