GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,866 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ottavia, Special Actions and couple more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, so me and my opponent had just finished playing the match and I want ed to ask a couple of questions here.

1. Ottavia's Target Lock vs Runika's Hover Boots. Does +2 apply to the guessing? For example, I've selected 4 priority attack pair and opponent guessed 4 priority, but when I revealed, Runika's equipment While Active persisted and upped priority to 6. So did Target Lock successfully lowered -10?

2. Ottavia's Extreme Prejudice Finisher (side beta). Does this mean Ottavia player can guess any number, just to benefit herself with the range or must she also lower opposing fighter by -10 priority?

3. Special Action /w Grasp (Cancel) vs Special Action /w Strike (Finisher). The way we decided, was that the Finisher (along with Strike) got cancelled, was immediately sent to Discard pile 1 (the pile, that makes a cooldown for 2 beats, right?). So does that mean you also immediately perform a recycle, or 4 cards are present in discard pile 1 (previous attack pair + special action /w Strike). Then, I removed from game my Special Action and returned to my hand Grasp. We both set our new attack pairs. In the end, at the recycle step, discard pile 1 went to discard pile 2 with whooping 4 cards in it. Is that how Cancel vs Finisher works?

We both had to stop our session just to check forums, to look for these questions answers, but failed to uncover anything. So yeah, anybody can help us out? The fight was interesting to say the least, but surely, we need to clarify some rules questions before we delve in further. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The target lock has to be correct after all bonuses and such. So Ottavia had to say 6 in this situation.

2. Don't have the card in front of me so I can't answer this.

3. No you do not immediately recycle, you have to pick from a smaller hand for 2 turns now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case 2, I believe "an opponent affected by Ottavia's Target Lock ability" means an opponent whose priority she successfully guessed (giving them -10). Otherwise there would be almost no point to the condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can confirm all of the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.