GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,707 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: 6.8 Retreat and 9.3 Sea Supply Interdiction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The example in the rules of a sea battle in the English Channel contradicts the Rule 6.8 provision that the last unit to retreat takes a 1-step loss. The British attacked with a Battleship, but, as it retreats, it does not take a 1 step loss. The rule does not say that only land units take the 1-step loss.

The example of a battle with three USSR defending units, and three German attacking units, contradicts the Rule 6.8 provision that every victorious unit makes a pursuit fire. The surviving 1-step USSR Infantry unit does not make a pursuit fire in the example.

Rule 9.3 (if I remember right) says that an Air unit in a Sea Zone interdicts Sea Supply. How can an Air unit be in a Sea Zone in the Supply Check Phase? Are they not all required to have landed in a friendly area by the end of the Combat Phase, which precedes the Supply Check Phase? EDIT: Rule 8.1 says that Air units defending an area they do not control, if not attacked, are not required to land until after the Supply Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All good points. Have you considered posting these on Kickstarter so the developers can see this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I didn't know there's a kickstarter message board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is, here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/columbiagames/victory-i...

But you need to be a backer to comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ralph waldo
msg tools
Even though the victorious "defender" gets a pursuit fire phase, they still fire in ABCD order. Thus, if I understand it correctly,those attacking units that retreat first because they have a higher initiative letter, will avoid some or all pursuit fire (just like a normal round of combat: in the new beta rules there is no mandatory first round of combat. If your initiative is better, you can retreat before some or all of the enemy units have a chance to fire).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.