GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Snowdonia: Jungfraubahn & Mount Washington» Forums » Rules

Subject: MW: Devil's Shingles and (yes, again) snow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry, but I really do not understand how the scoring with the surveyors works.

At game end, the last station has no marker on it (the last track was excavated and built in the same (and thus last) turn). So... no surveyor gives any point, right?

If both players (we always play 2-player games) have markers on the last station, chances are that each player also have at least a marker on each on the stations, all the way down to Marshfield. So they both have 11 points?

We just do not see the interest of having 0/0 or 11/11 or 0/11 (if a player is unlucky enough to miss his/her last building action).

Also, I do not get the scoring from Contract card 29. The numbers are... what? The stations from the top? The number of the station from the bottom?

About the snow. Am I right?
I find the highest square-with-a-shovel that has a number of rubble cubes inferior to the starting number (empty or partially empty, with or without an ownership marker). I count (toward the foot of the mountain) the number of spaces equal to the current excavation rate. I put two cubes on all these spaces except the station-card spaces with ownership tokens.
Is there anything wrong with my understanding?

Thank you very much. We like this game very much, and would like to play it correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Camdin wrote:
I am sorry, but I really do not understand how the scoring with the surveyors works.

At game end, the last station has no marker on it (the last track was excavated and built in the same (and thus last) turn). So... no surveyor gives any point, right?

Yes. To earn points from the Devil's Shingles a player wants to have a marker in each station.

Camdin wrote:
If both players (we always play 2-player games) have markers on the last station, chances are that each player also have at least a marker on each on the stations, all the way down to Marshfield. So they both have 11 points?

Yes.

Camdin wrote:
We just do not see the interest of having 0/0 or 11/11 or 0/11 (if a player is unlucky enough to miss his/her last building action).

That's just an oddity for the 2 player version; for more, it gives a nice incentive for more points - especially if you're making use of Old Peppersass for stone discounts when building!

Camdin wrote:
Also, I do not get the scoring from Contract card 29. The numbers are... what? The stations from the top? The number of the station from the bottom?

The (small) number in the top right corner of the station card.

Camdin wrote:
About the snow. Am I right?
I find the highest square-with-a-shovel that has a number of rubble cubes inferior to the starting number (empty or partially empty, with or without an ownership marker). I count (toward the foot of the mountain) the number of spaces equal to the current excavation rate. I put two cubes on all these spaces except the station-card spaces with ownership tokens.
Is there anything wrong with my understanding?

You are correct, yes!

Camdin wrote:
Thank you very much. We like this game very much, and would like to play it correctly.

No problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François + Daphné
Canada
Saint-Hyacinthe
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for this answer, Mr. Boydell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.