GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: The Art of Countering rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Leighty
Germany
Hildrizhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of threads about how to counter Tsarina and Gobby but I thought a thread full of all great counters would be a good central place for deck builders to reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Leighty
Germany
Hildrizhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In multiple matches my Tsarina has been countered really well by Beast: Genetic Expert. If Beast is in the field bringing out Tsarina is counter productive, especially if she knocks him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Moriarity
Canada
flag msg tools
What's a good counter for Johnny Storm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had success with Hawkeye longbow to just snipe human torch. Another good tactic is to use mr fantastics global (or jean greys) to force him to attack then either ok him or let him through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Leighty
Germany
Hildrizhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bright Side wrote:

Iron Man: Inventor's global ability allows you to redirect the damage to you to one of your characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamerdinger wrote:
Bright Side wrote:

Iron Man: Inventor's global ability allows you to redirect the damage to you to one of your characters.

If you were going the Global route, I'd go with Vibranium Shield's global - pay 1 shield to prevent 1 damage to a character or player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Walker
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
jerkules wrote:
gamerdinger wrote:
Bright Side wrote:

If you were going the Global route, I'd go with Vibranium Shield's global - pay 1 shield to prevent 1 damage to a character or player.

One advantage of using Iron Man's global is that as long as you are redirecting the 1 damage to Iron Man, it's reduced to zero. More or less a straight prevention. You can also redirect it to one of your sidekicks to try to generate a little extra energy on your next turn. If you could get Nova - Quasar fielded, the redirect could really punish the player for using Johnny Storm. I'm also way more likely to buy and field Iron Man than Vibranium Shield, so that's less wasted dice (for as rarely as that matters). It does require you to have the available energy though, so it's not perfect.

Nova - The Human Rocket could also pair with Iron Man, but is useless against Johnny Storms field effect. Still, could be useful at least during the attack. I think that Iron Man could be a solid counter against a lot of direct damage characters, but it'll help to have a few more cards with "when damaged" effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Leighty
Germany
Hildrizhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redirect is a sick combo when you have Hulk in the field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkules wrote:
gamerdinger wrote:
Bright Side wrote:

Although you could combo IM:Inventor with Nova: Quasar to build a die or two each round.

Edit: ninja'ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.