GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » Rules

Subject: Move then opp fire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: movement [+] fire [+] Opp [+] [View All]
Danus B
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi, Im new at Tide of Iron and I cant seem to find any rules that answer these questions.
Q.1- Can you can move a unit 1 less movement point, but instead of fatiguing it, place it into opp fire mode?
Q.2- Can units fire upon razor wire and/or tank traps? And if they can, does it have the attack strength and range of vehicles or squads?
Q.3- Can units do combined OPP fire attacks?

I like to stay true to the rules when I play games and these are some grey areas. If anyone could answer them I would be very greatful!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danus wrote:
Hi, Im new at Tide of Iron and I cant seem to find any rules that answer these questions.
Q.1- Can you can move a unit 1 less movement point, but instead of fatiguing it, place it into opp fire mode?
Q.2- Can units fire upon razor wire and/or tank traps? And if they can, does it have the attack strength and range of vehicles or squads?
Q.3- Can units do combined OPP fire attacks?

I like to stay true to the rules when I play games and these are some grey areas. If anyone could answer them I would be very greatful!

Thanks!

A.1 No
A.2 See page 46 "Removing Razor Wire" in the rule book.
A.3 See very first sentence under "Combined Fire" on page 29 of the rule book.

Also, which rule book are you looking at? Original or Next Wave? The latter is available in PDF format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danus B
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks very much Ray.T. I have the original one, I'll have to look at the next wave book. The first one is all over the place and I really didnt want to read it all again! haha. Thanks again but!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Danus definitely download the updated rules at 1agames.com there are 3 books

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.