Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be MasterPrint #13
See: www.quined.nl

And good news for the backers of the crowd funding project:
(from the site)

"There has been an earlier and unsuccessful attempt to publish this game through crowd funding. Quined was not involved in this attempt to publish the game; this was solely done by the former publishing company of the designer of the game.
The designer of the game has decided that those who have signed up for this game and did not get a refund, will receive a free copy of the new Quined version of the game.
Quined and the designer cooperate to realize this.
Further details will be published later on the websites of Quined and Boardgamegeek.

There will be a small expansion and a goodie available for those who preorder the game before Essen 2014.
The backers of the game will also receive both the goodie and the expansion."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
olavf wrote:
It will be MasterPrint #13
See: www.quined.nl

And good news for the backers of the crowd funding project:
(from the site)

"There has been an earlier and unsuccessful attempt to publish this game through crowd funding. Quined was not involved in this attempt to publish the game; this was solely done by the former publishing company of the designer of the game.
The designer of the game has decided that those who have signed up for this game and did not get a refund, will receive a free copy of the new Quined version of the game.
Quined and the designer cooperate to realize this.
Further details will be published later on the websites of Quined and Boardgamegeek.

There will be a small expansion and a goodie available for those who preorder the game before Essen 2014.
The backers of the game will also receive both the goodie and the expansion."

Wow, I hope this is true.

Massilia is one of my earliest KS/indiegogo/ulule (I forget which) fail...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great to hear. The wording of the announcement ("The designer..." sentence) is a little odd, but still anything at this point is a win. I wonder if you multi-copy purchasers will get one or as many as you originally bought?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Quispel
Netherlands
OudBeijerland
Nederland
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:
This is great to hear. The wording of the announcement ("The designer..." sentence) is a little odd, but still anything at this point is a win. I wonder if you multi-copy purchasers will get one or as many as you originally bought?

Hi,

I just wanted to express that Quined has nothing to do with what went wrong earlier and that the designer wants that the things that went wrong, go right now.

Anyway, Quined will help to achieve that all those who backed this game will receive their copy or copies of the game.

The artwork of the components and the rules have changed a little over time. I will soon upload the new rules in 4 different languages.

The cover of the box is a new design using the orginal picture of the box. The box now fits perfectly in Quined's Masterprint series.

Arno Quispel
Quined
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoann
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely a good news ! Thx Quined to publish it!
BTW, do you know if the designer will publish (with the help of another publisher ?) the expansion for Vanuatu as well ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news! I love Vanuatu and was so disappointed that Massilia would not be published. Looking forward to ordering a copy in the future. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Australia
Nedlands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Full moon!
badge
Gus!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear. I wonder if those (e.g. me) who pledged the Vanuatu/massilia double bundle on indiegogo will get both now that it's coming out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had written this off. However will be delighted to get the copies that I paid for some years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Bluestein
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very encouraging news. I funded the Vanuatu project to the tune of two Vanuatu games and one Massilia game, and had pretty much written the full $150 off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!
Me and the other FIVE friends can finally get our copies!

cry cry cry cry cry cry => laugh surprise robot wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
smoox wrote:
Great news!
Me and the other FIVE friends can finally get our copies!

cry cry cry cry cry cry => laugh surprise robot wow

Me and other ELEVEN friends can finally get our copies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Orangevale
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
And I will still never get my vanuatu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
aqwerty wrote:
The artwork of the components and the rules have changed a little over time. I will soon upload the new rules in 4 different languages.

Any chance the new rules will be not in "uppercase-only" font as the rules currently on BGG File section?

I ALWAYS FEEL YELLED AT WHEN READING UPPERCASE ONLY. A WHOLE RULEBOOK THIS WAY IS REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE TO READ!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very good news. I loved Vanuatu and was sorry to hear of all the crowdfunding trouble happening at the time. It did seem as though the designer had his problems, and when you have a one-man-band and the one man is unable to perform, for whatever reason, then there can be no progress.

Because I liked the design of Vanuatu so much I had my sympathies for Alain. Of course, I wasn't out any money like a lot of other unfortunates, so I understand their anger. I'm just pleased the guy seems to be re-emerging, and presumably attempting to make good the previous problems. I'm presuming this gesture of good will is being financed by Alain? Quined would be under no obligation to do so would they, and there's lots of other games they could publish without needing to saddle themselves with re-imbursing the previous buyers of this one.

If Alain is on his way back I wish him well and I hope his problems are now well behind him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people gave him a lot of money. He never even attempted an explanation or said a word to them about why it fell through. Has any other board game project like this ever ended this way? With the designer just never saying anything to the people whose money he took? I'm genuinely curious. This has been an absolute worst-case scenario as far as any serious crowd-funded board game project I've heard of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it is very good the old orders will be honored. I have a question about recieving our orders, I assume there is a list of our names somewhere? Can we pick them up at Essen or will they be shipped? I'm not sure I still have any email confirmation it was so long ago and I had given up hope this project would see light...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
Hauts de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you found a good balancing with the gods cards? Have you changed some power?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darknico wrote:
Have you found a good balancing with the gods cards? Have you changed some power?

Indeed, I recall that BGG community has once complained about possibly unbalanced god power(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScalpHell
France
Lestrem
Hauts de France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I hope for the artist, that the misspelling was corrected on the front cover before printing: "Maxime Brienne" not Briene :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls