GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Giants» Forums » Rules

Subject: Erecting a big moai with little force rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can I erect a moai on an ahu when the workforce on the space near the ahu is lower than the size of the moai (and I have at least one worker on that space)?

Of course, this means the moai has been on this space since a previous turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, now that is a most excellent question as this could happen in the rare case where you've only used opponents workers to move the moai on this final space.

Thematically, I would say that you need the appropriate workforce to raise the moai.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can, as long as you have at least one of your tribesmen in that ahu (and the total number of workmen - or force - in that ahu is at least equal to moai's size).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dharzen wrote:
Yes you can, as long as you have at least one of your tribesmen in that ahu (and the total number of workmen - or force - in that ahu is at least equal to moai's size).
This sounds contradictory with my question. My question is "can you... if the workforce on the space is smaller than the moai's size.

If yes is the correct official answer, then you should never give points to opponents that have workers on a space if you do not plan to ever take your moai any further and if you can't erect it this turn. Better wait until the next turn and put your chief on that space. Your chief will then "attract" the moai on this space and erect it at the same time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
[q="Dharzen"]
If yes is the correct official answer, then you should never give points to opponents that have workers on a space if you do not plan to ever take your moai any further and if you can't erect it this turn. Better wait until the next turn and put your chief on that space. Your chief will then "attract" the moai on this space and erect it at the same time.


Exactly.

That's how I play it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beri2 wrote:
Dharzen wrote:
Yes you can, as long as you have at least one of your tribesmen in that ahu (and the total number of workmen - or force - in that ahu is at least equal to moai's size).
This sounds contradictory with my question. My question is "can you... if the workforce on the space is smaller than the moai's size.


Uooops, I understood you meant "your own" workforce was smaller than the moai's size. And you mean the total workforce.
Then NO. You need a total "group" force at least equal to the moai size to erect it (and at least one of your tribesmen there).

beri2 wrote:
Your chief will then "attract" the moai on this space and erect it at the same time.


Spending "another" turn to build up the moai (this time with your chief) means:
- "reserving" it, I mean, saving it by putting one of your tribe pieces with him so that it cannot be stolen. So you cannot use that piece in the auction, or to get rongos.
- You are using your chief only to erect your moai, and not getting points for transporting other moais.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.