Subject: Expansion integrated into the orginal game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erlend Nicolaysen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I was wondering if someone have tried to integrate the expansion pack into the orginal game (map). Also using the expansion and orginal units on the orginal map and maybe the expansions combat rules?

I also have one more quistion about the regular and the elite units in the orginal game, and that is if someone have tried to make the elite units some stronger than the regular units????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erlend Nicolaysen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For Example make the elite units count as 2 in combat strenght (2 dices) and the regular still 1 (1 dice)???

Or will this damage the balance of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Elites are already over twice as strong as regulars: they absorb two hits before fully dying.

For the defender they pack hit points into strongholds with double efficiency.

For the attacker they can score run-away victories in sieges by breaking down to continue the siege.

Combat cards like Valor, We Come to Kill, Mumakil and [/i]Charge[/i] require one or more elites.

Isengard elites typically have leadership, which makes them even more stellar.

Elites can't win the war by themselves though. Sometimes it is better to take two regulars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.