Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a reminder to those who have responded favorably to the on-line SimplyFun sales party going on at my geek list

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/15709

I'll be placing the order on Sunday evening, so if you're interested, now is the time to geek mail me.

For those who are going to cry "Spam," I'm sorry. I tried to do this on the up-and-up (even purchased an ad) and I'm only doing it to allow those who want the games to have a chance to get them, not to make a profit. That's why I'm selling at retail price without shipping, handling, or tax and footing the bill to ship direct to the buyer. Several people seem to want a copy of Simply Catan, but don't have a local rep to buy from (particularly overseas or Canadian gamers). The hot sellers, for those who want to know, are not surprisingly Walk the Dogs, Zing, Simply Catan, Drive, and In10sity. I'm surprised more people aren't jumping on LieBrary and Ooga!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll put in a big plug for Take your Pick. I did Simply Fun for a while, and this game was a big seller at my parties.

One player is the target, and everyone has three cards that have two choices like "Country or Western", "Fast or Slow", "Cheese or Wine" and each player has to predict what the target player will say. After everyone has made their guesses, you go around and everyone asks the target their cards. Order matters, as if the target misses one, you don't get to ask the rest of the cards.

Fast, cheap ($13.50, I think), and fun at parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I playtested Take Your Pick at Protospiel '05 while we waited for our meals at an Indian restuarant! It was a really great ice-breaker for our group, who had mostly just met earlier that day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the Take Your Pick bandwagon. It's cheap and portable and quick, plus it's a fun game. Like any game, of course, it can bog down if one or two players are a bit too, um, ponderous. But for what it is, when played as it is expected to be played, it's superb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: On-line SimplyFun Party down to final 3 days
I don't see a way for me to change the name of a forum entry (is there such an edit?), so I'll just post here that we're now down to 3 days remaining.

I've gotten several orders and might as well try to make sure that everyone who wants to buy a game gets the chance in this order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: On-line SimplyFun Party down to last 2 days
Now we're down to 2 days to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.