GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Sentinel Tactics: Uprising» Forums » General

Subject: The Scenario Book rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So is anyone else annoyed by the scenario book in this expansion? The books seemed designed to play through the skirmishes in order since whoever wins or loses varies but the player numbers vary in this one. It goes from 1-2 villian players/2-4 heroes to only 1 villian/2-4 heroes for a couple and then to 3 villians and 3 heroes? Seems to be pretty poor design choice when you need to have players flipping teams. I really like the idea of having some 2 villian vs 2-4 heroes scenario books but the player count really needs to stay the same for all skirmishes in the book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Richardson
United States
La Crescenta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how much value do you find there is in this expansion given the scenario book issue.

Are the characters of any use outside of these specific scenarios?

Are there workarounds for dealing with the player count issue?

Do they really have to be played in order or can you just choose the scenarios that match the number of players you have on hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters can be used in any of the scenarios. You could have Baron Blade act as one of the Heroes in a scenario against Omnitron.

Regarding Player Count: Personally, I'd prefer even player counts, but then again, I am also not against one player controlling 2 villains, one playing 2 heroes and one playing one hero, thus having a 3 player match up.

You can play any of the scenarios independently, regardless of order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.