GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Krosmaster: Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Rules / Game Play Video? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would consider pre-ordering if I knew more details of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the price, more info on the actual gameplay would be helpful. All we have to go on is a brief description and a few photos of some prototype components.

Was it featured on the BGG Live feed from GenCon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherise Wilson
msg tools
publisher
mb
Hey Guys,

It wasn't featured, because we only have a prototype available right now.

This is what we got for more detail in:

Krosmaster Quest is a game where you can experience many adventures in the fantasy World of the Twelve.
Each player takes the role of a hero and starts his own quest. There's many thing to do: learn a job and craft his own equipment, speculate at the auction house, accomplish special objectives that will reward him with more experience to continue his quest, fight monsters, and more!
Every player starts in Amakna, a city hub where they can trade and rest, but the countryside is just a Zaap teleporter away. The fields are filled with aggressive Gobbals and swift Tofus, that can be hunted for their precious and rare resources. Soon, you will be able to get yourself a nice piece of equipment, and try to enter the legend by defeating the two terrible bosses of Amakna's surroundings: the Royal Tofu and Royal Gobball!
5 different characters are available straight from the box, each with their own abilities. You can choose to play a treasure hunting Enutrof, a Foggernaut with her own independent fighting turret, a skilled warrior Iop girl, a drunken Pandawa who dreams to be a singing star, or a Xelor with too much time on his hands... literally.
However, every model from our Krosmaster range are compatible with this game. Each one has its own original gameplay, allowing you to find your preferred fighter and giving Krosmaster Quest a great life span.
GOAL OF THE GAME
The game can be played two different ways: either as a team, or with each character competing for victory. You have to collect Gallons of Glory (GG) before the timer runs out. And there's many ways to win GG's in Krosmaster Quest:
- By completing a random quest given by the game before the others
- By accomplishing a personal challenge such as killing a rare monster, crafting a particular item or visiting a number of places in order.
- By defeating one of the terrible Bosses of the game, hiding in their dungeons
- Or simply by becoming rich and buying your way to victory!
In a team, everyone wins or loses together; but in a competition, only the one with the most GG at the end of the day will be declared winner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we get the rules? That is not enough information to warrant $90, at least for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have requested information on the game in a thread on Facebook, and they keep assuring me there is information out there and that I clearly missed the game at GenCon, which was in the case.

First off, I had no idea Krosmaster: Quest even existed until I saw it on a bag at GenCon. I promptly went back to their booth and asked for info. They looked over their flyers, and said they had none, and directed me to their website for information. That was on Saturday. I can't find any information on their site, except for the infamous preorder.

A $90 game with no rules or demo video posted it too much to chew off. I'll post more here if the FB thread yields any information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dasfungames wrote:
Can we get the rules? That is not enough information to warrant $90, at least for me.

+1

Come on Japanime. You can't seriously expect people to plunk down $90 for a game without anything but a picture of the box. We need MORE pictures, game play video, rules, official reviews, etc...

I also think it's a big mistake that you're not doing it via Kickstarter where you could show it off and possibly introduce new people to the franchise. Making it a pre-order only for people who are clever enough to figure out how to get access to it probably isn't the best business decision.

Also, what the heck is up with that $400 Krosmaster Arena board? Another pre-order without any details and a single picture. Sheesh. Yeah, it looks good, but it's just a static board without the ability to be reconfigured? Seriously?! Who thought that was a good idea? Also, anyone who would throw down $400 for that board probably already has the upgraded terrain set and a crap load of characters, so throwing that in with the pre-order probably isn't going to help.

/end rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JCurry wrote:
dasfungames wrote:

+1

Come on Japanime. You can't seriously expect people to plunk down $90 for a game without anything but a picture of the box. We need MORE pictures, game play video, rules, official reviews, etc...

I also think it's a big mistake that you're not doing it via Kickstarter where you could show it off and possibly introduce new people to the franchise. Making it a pre-order only for people who are clever enough to figure out how to get access to it probably isn't the best business decision.

Also, what the heck is up with that $400 Krosmaster Arena board? Another pre-order without any details and a single picture. Sheesh. Yeah, it looks good, but it's just a static board without the ability to be reconfigured? Seriously?! Who thought that was a good idea? Also, anyone who would throw down $400 for that board probably already has the upgraded terrain set and a crap load of characters, so throwing that in with the pre-order probably isn't going to help.

/end rant

FB thread yielded the following...

"We have pictures on our website." - Not sure which ones they are referring to.
"We already have 1000 preorders, and you should order too." - No Thank You
"We can't post rules or how to play videos, because we have not been sent the English rules yet." -Wow, have someone sit down and write something up that has played the prototype. How about a component list for the game??
"The game was in the case at GenCon." -I looked, didn't see it. I asked at the booth, they didn't know about it being in the case and directed me to the website. I'm probably the 1 in 10 people on BGG that was actually at GenCon..How about something for the people that were not?

I'm sure they will make their money, maybe they have already, but I have to agree that not running a KS seems like a missed opportunity here.
Still not going to drop $90 until I get some concrete information like component count and a rundown of gameplay or a rule book. Not sure how anyone else can either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked on their site, there is nothing other than the link to the pre-order. There seems to be a real disconnect at Japanime Games. Maybe it's some kind of partnership between multiple parties and there's some serious communication problems between them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JCurry wrote:
I've looked on their site, there is nothing other than the link to the pre-order. There seems to be a real disconnect at Japanime Games. Maybe it's some kind of partnership between multiple parties and there's some serious communication problems between them all.

Apparently this is the prototype that we should slap down $90 for now.

I guess you could compare that to this

Probably run you about $50.

Japanime really needs that rulebook/gameplay summary asap. They'd probably double their orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
huh... wha... no.... can't be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent retails for $80 and it is also not painted bendy plastic. At least compare apples to apples.

But I do understand the frustration. Quest was in the case at Gen Con (facing the booth it was the right display case on the upper level) I tried posting images of the three figures you get with the pre order but BGG declined the post stating "single components". I will try to post them in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkson wrote:
Descent retails for $80 and it is also not painted bendy plastic. At least compare apples to apples.

But I do understand the frustration. Quest was in the case at Gen Con (facing the booth it was the right display case on the upper level) I tried posting images of the three figures you get with the pre order but BGG declined the post stating "single components". I will try to post them in this thread.

I'm sorry, but Descent is not even close to $80.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165059 $53 here, and cheaper elsewhere.

I think it is pretty fair to compare the two, since Japanime seems to state it's just a Dungeon Crawl.
I already posted a picture of what was supposed to be in the case at GenCon, but the real problem is lack of information. The workers at GenCon didn't even know it was in the case when I was there, and Japaime is still waiting for a rulebook to post anything tangible.

This is just a bad way to sell a product. I admit, they already have 1000 preorders or whatever they said, but I'm not going to commit $90 to something I know nothing about, since Krossmaster Arena was NOT my cup of tea. I was hoping Krossmaster Quest was a little closer to my liking, but I won't know till I get some rules, a gameplay rundown, or a gameplay video.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newest picture from FB:

Getting closer to what I want, but not quite there yet.

They mention it comes with 7 figures too, but no mention of what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Curry
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the picture and the extra information. Personally, I think I'll wait until this one hits stores. Asking $90, which is obviously MSRP, for a game for which there is very little information is just, well, I hate to say it because I love Krosmaster Arena and Tanto Cuore, it's just stupid. WTF are they thinking....?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and then I finally decided to satisfy my addiction and go ahead and order the game and guess what I find out? THEY ONLY ACCEPT CREDIT CARD crycrycrycrycry

Why no PayPal? whistle

I wrote an e-mail and harassed them here on the geek and they do accept PayPal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Jones
United States
edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree with those waiting this out. I personally think Quest looks fantastic, but $90 for a preorder with no idea how the game even plays? That's a tough sell.

Add to that the fact that Japanime set Arena's MSRP at $80 and the expansions at $28 during their kickstarter and I purchased my base for $40 and all my expansions for $16... I'm going to wait this one out as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Hernandez
Spain
Alfaz del Pi
Alicante
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't by this game until I read first the rules and they convince me

If somebody find the rules over there, please let us know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krosmaster demo area at Fan Expo had nothing for this game (except shopping bags).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
Krosmaster demo area at Fan Expo had nothing for this game (except shopping bags).

Seems to be par for course on this game. GenCon was the same way, but apparently the small sampling of figures and tiles in the cases were Krossmaster Quest as well. Thought they were just promo figures and addons for the regular game. Their staff didn't know anything about it there, nor did they know it was displaying in the case when I asked about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:
... and then I finally decided to satisfy my addiction and go ahead and order the game and guess what I find out? THEY ONLY ACCEPT CREDIT CARD crycrycrycrycry

Why no PayPal? whistle

I wrote an e-mail and harassed them here on the geek and they do accept PayPal

How do you pay with Paypal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
So... anything new?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
I have requested information on the game in a thread on Facebook, and they keep assuring me there is information out there and that I clearly missed the game at GenCon, which was in the case.

First off, I had no idea Krosmaster: Quest even existed until I saw it on a bag at GenCon. I promptly went back to their booth and asked for info. They looked over their flyers, and said they had none, and directed me to their website for information. That was on Saturday. I can't find any information on their site, except for the infamous preorder.

A $90 game with no rules or demo video posted it too much to chew off. I'll post more here if the FB thread yields any information.

Since this post, both Essen Spiel and the GAMA Trade Show have passed without a peep on Krosmaster Quest. The most recent news on their website is from last November when they posted a March release date.

Is Japanime actively trying to hide this game? I love their chibi minis and I love dungeon crawls, yet the only video available is in Italian. Seriously?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got some time left? Watch this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When was this recorded? Game looks fun, can't wait for it to come out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.