GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,805 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Shadows of Malice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unsealing Gates in the Shadow Realm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When making the roll to unseal a gate in the Shadow Realm, must it result in a gate being unsealed?

For example. On turn 1 I roll a 5 and unseal a gate. On turn 2 I roll a 5 again. That specific gate is already unsealed. Do I keep rolling until I unseal a gate, or do I glory in the fact that the Shadows have one less route to Aethos for now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The way the rules read (and as originally intended), if there are any sealed shadow gates in the Shadow Realm at the beginning of the Shadows' turn, the players unseal one at random. That would mean that you re-roll until you get one to unseal. (This is also why the shadow gates were not numbered on the map.)

However, it is your game and I personally love house rules! If you want to play that way -- i.e., revel in rolling up an already unsealed well -- then go for it! The consequence of that way to play is that it will harder for big Shadows to get out and may make the them less threatening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For now I'd like to play with the rules as intended. Maybe if we go to a higher challenge (like starting w/ no equipment) I might try that house rule out to give us more time to gather items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.