Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to "THE GAME CAPSULES!"

Yes, that's right, there are MORE than one of these cool things!

But what is a Game Capsule you might be asking.

For those not (yet) familiar with one. They are 1-page summaries of games done by, of all things...

Game Capsule!

(imagine that, surprise, surprise!)

They guy who runs Game Capsule, Jim Vinci, took a big interest in Police Precinct.

You have likely heard me talk about him in the past. We are excited (and feel lucky) that he wanted to make Caps for the game.

By the way, he's a great guy too!

Note of clarity...

Earlier I stated that Game Capsules are 1-Page items. They can sometimes be longer. In the case of Police Precinct they are both 1-pagers.

One deals with Set-up (and will be printed on the backside of the murder board -- At least that is the plan).

The other is all about "How to Play" and it has been added to the rulebook as a 1-page reference.

Both of these items are in the form of Low(ish) res PDFs and links are provided below...

SET UP PDF:

http://www.commonman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Game-Cap...

HOW TO PLAY PDF:

With this one, please go to page 26 in the rulebook. Here's the rulebook...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2gyy0omjuor2i8b/AAAuGaIQQa9SS8th8...

PS - we are loading these PDFs onto our website (as apposed to BGG's) so that they can go up instantly and be changed instantly and so that we don't "bother" the hard-working BGG Admin folks too much, BUT...

After you-all look these over and changes are made based on your feedback, we do plan to upload the "Finished" versions on BGG.

So this should happen soon!

(thanks to you)

Stay Tuned!

And...

blankblankblankTHANKSblankblankblank

Plea for help...

These Game Caps have been looked over thoroughly by our editors (5 groups of them in-fact), but...

Maybe YOU can find a misspelling, a typo, or some other error.

If you do...

Please let us know so we can correct it prior to printing.

and...

Thanks Group Six!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!!

Good Catch!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unsure if you want feedback on the look and feel or just spelling. Here is my feedback on the former for the "place components" chart.
- the capsule brand logo is way too big and provides no value. That space could better be used for PP logos or other stuff (see below)
- this is not visually appealing at all and I don't mean the resolution. Add graphics for card / token types. Get creative with images and fonts. Something. This is about what I'd expect to see posted by a fan to BGG but I'd set the bar higher if I were publishing this.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:
Unsure if you want feedback on the look and feel or just spelling. Here is my feedback on the former for the "place components" chart.
- the capsule brand logo is way too big and provides no value. That space could better be used for PP logos or other stuff (see below)
- this is not visually appealing at all and I don't mean the resolution. Add graphics for card / token types. Get creative with images and fonts. Something. This is about what I'd expect to see posted by a fan to BGG but I'd set the bar higher if I were publishing this.

Good luck!

Hey Evan!

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Great to hear from you.

Let me give you some history and a bit of our thinking on this particular item.

It's just an add-on item we are planning on sticking on the back side of the Murder Board. It's a product of Game Capsule, they gave it to us and are allowing us to print it, which I thought was really cool of them.

The Murder board is not meant to be printed on both sides, meaning...

It never was (1st Edition) and there is no reason to do so now, but...

"Why not give fans of the game something extra?"

That's what we figured when Game Capsule came to us with these items.

I bet your right that some won't much care for it or use it, but...

I would also wager that some will think it's really helpful and appreciate us trying so hard to do these sorts of extra nice things to make their gaming experience better.

If this chart is not helpful or appealing, we shouldn't print it. We could choose to do that. I don't want to do that because I think there will be a range of reaction to it (like anything else), so...

For those who like it, it's there to use and enjoy.

For those who don't much care for it, it can simply be ignored as if it wasn't there.

Since we didn't make the chart, we didn't want to add a bunch of Police Precinct images to it. We wanted to keep it as true to what Game Capsule designed it to be as possible, but of course to fix any mistakes, etc.

Well...

There ya have it.

That's our story and we're stickin' to it.

Thanks again Evan! We always appreciate you input.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusion. To be clear, the quick start guide provides value. Their graphic logo doesn't. It seems out if place to have that logo on a common man games product.

My suggestion was about keeping the quick start guide but removing their brand logo and using that space to make the guide visually appealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

glad we both like the item overall.

As for the Logo...

Don't you think that since they made this, that we should place their logo on it?

We want to honor, credit, and respect them.

I actually like the logo myself. I have spoken to Jim about it, and I know he especially likes their logo.

I feel like logos are art and as such open to taste.

Some logos are very controversial for whatever reason, others are generally liked by most, others are not liked by many, but all have a range.

Meaning that...

Any given logo is liked by some and not by others.

Logos are like games in that way.

Hey, I have an idea...

send me an email (regular email, not BGG PM) and I will send you a new version of this item.

I don't mind playing around with it and you make the perfect audience for that if your interested.

send to...

Karl@commonman.com

Thanks Evan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got your email.

Thanks!

I'll send you something here in a second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just updated both the Game Capsules.

Check them out if you want.

Not sure there were really any changes just now for the "how to Play" version, but there were a few very small changes to the Set-Up version.

Here's the link...

http://www.commonman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Game-Cap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:
THIS THREAD IS UP-DO-DATE (up to this point)
Meaning that we here at CMG have implemented changes to our working files, and furthermore have posted up-dated images and or links in this thread based on feedback that has come about due to this thread (up to this point in time). This includes feedback that may have come to us from other sources beyond this thread.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ieoor db
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The variable components section refers to a table on page 3. I think this should be page 5, looking at the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ieoor wrote:
The variable components section refers to a table on page 3. I think this should be page 5, looking at the rule book.

Notice the page numbers in the lower corners of the book. They are written in sharpie.

That's what it's referring to.

Later on down-the-road, all of this will be "real" (printed on paper/card-stock/cardboard) and then all people will think about are the "real" page numbers (the ones in sharpie).

I can see why you say that though, as you are looking at the page numbers of the electronic file (PDF).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.