Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to "THE SMALL BOARDS!"

Yes, that's right, there are MORE than one of these cool things!

If you know the game, then you would be aware of...

The Murder Investigation Board
Here...
http://www.commonman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Murder-b...

and...

The Crime Track Board
Here...
http://www.commonman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Crime-Tr...

The plan is that these items will BOTH be double-sided:

As mentioned in the Game Cap thread...

The back of the Murder Board will have the Set-Up version of the Game Capsule on it.

As for the Crime Track, players will be able to choose the side that pleases them the most for that session.

Both sides work just the same, they just (for fun and variety sake) have different art is all.

Both of these items are in the form of Low(ish) res PDFs and as you probably noticed, links were provided above.

Well, I guess that's about it, except to say...

blankblankblankTHANKSblankblankblank

And...

Plea for help...

These two boards have been looked over thoroughly by our editors (5 groups of them in-fact), but...

Maybe YOU can find a misspelling, a typo, or some other error.

If you do...

Please let us know so we can correct it prior to printing.

and...

Thanks Group Six!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a suggestion on the Murder Investigation Board...

Put the labels "blood spatter", "shell casing", and "fingerprint" on the bottom of their respected card areas... That way, when you place the other card down first, the name of the missing card is still visible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the board should be called "Crime Rate" instead of "Crime Track". I little bit more thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenvious
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why two boards? Looks to me like you could easily compress this to be one board with the information of both.

The way I'm seeing it, if you take out the words "Crime Scene" and "Witness" (leaving only 'Evidence' and 'Statements' - which i think alone are self explanatory) you could nudge the bottom row up a bit. Even more space if you move Autopsy Report and Murder Weapon up as well (making use of that thin border).

That would clear enough space to place the Crime Track beneath it all (i.e.: the squares and the brief on when the tracker moves forward).

I suggest this as compressing x2 boards into x1 would reduce table clutter, and I feel the Crime Track board is using up a LOT of space for what is essentially a tracker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zfairborn wrote:
I suggest this as compressing x2 boards into x1 would reduce table clutter, and I feel the Crime Track board is using up a LOT of space for what is essentially a tracker.

I like this idea a lot! They could even make the marker that moves look like a post-it, pushpin, or similar to integrate it. It's also thematic that the city's crime rate is being tracked on the bulletin board along with everything else.

Another idea to save space. It looks like there's quite a bit of space next to the "turn order" note in the upper right. They could also overlap the Autopsy report and Witness Statement areas like the Crime Scene ones to have a whole lot more room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on reducing the number of boards if possible. That would be a very good change to help keep the game space manageable.

On a different note... two quick bits of feedback

1. It's a subtle semantics issue, but I think the instruction should state "advanced marker one step towards cops fail" not just "fail".
2. I think it should also state "A Street Gang would be formed" instead of "is formed"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:

Put the labels "blood spatter", "shell casing", and "fingerprint" on the bottom of their respected card areas... That way, when you place the other card down first, the name of the missing card is still visible.

Good thinking!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:
Perhaps the board should be called "Crime Rate" instead of "Crime Track". I little bit more thematic.

I like your thinking!!!!

The only problem with that is it would technically be wrong, because "crime rate" is generally accepted to be...

The amount of crime occurring in an area.

or...

Same, but per capita

etc

whereas...

The Crime Track is a measure of how well the Police are dealing with the amount of crime that is occurring.

So, I figure that...

Being wrong in that way, it would bother some people, thus it's best to leave it as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waleslie wrote:

UPDATE:

Yes...

We did go ahead and do this very good idea.

Thanks William for the suggestion!!!!

The new board is posted now as of a few minutes, check it out!

Here...

http://www.commonman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Murder-b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:
THIS THREAD IS UP-DO-DATE (up to this point)
Meaning that we here at CMG have implemented changes to our working files, and furthermore have posted up-dated images and or links in this thread based on feedback that has come about due to this thread (up to this point in time). This includes feedback that may have come to us from other sources beyond this thread.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.