GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,184 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Five Tribes» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeves? Really? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the sleeve size for the cards in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n-dee schroedinger
Germany
Werne
flag msg tools
You, sir, are a genius! Great title! And I apologize for not contributing anything useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wurm
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
The size for the mini cards are the European mini size card game (the red sleeves from Fantasy Flight, for example). I've done some searching on my own for the Djinn cards, and as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no sleeves made in that size. I'm equally upset about this as you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

I'm an abolitionist. I despise all forms of sleevery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cozzolino
United States
Lebanon
Virginia
flag msg tools
TheColorTurkey wrote:
The size for the mini cards are the European mini size card game (the red sleeves from Fantasy Flight, for example). I've done some searching on my own for the Djinn cards, and as far as I can tell, there is absolutely no sleeves made in that size. I'm equally upset about this as you are.

What are the measurements of the Djinn cards? If there is a sleeve with the right width you could cut the top to make it fit right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me a bit to discover the reference - brilliant!

The five minutes I wasted skimming that pointless debate on slavery - less brilliant.

I too would love to know the dimensions of the Djinn cards. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To all the offended: If you buy the sleeves you have to set them free before the end of your term.

Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt hdescavernes
France
flag msg tools
mb
IntvGene wrote:
Anyone know the sleeve size for the cards in the game?

Aren't those the same format as shadows over camelot - card game ?

They're 80*80, I got sleeves for those (unsure if I may or may not post the website)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is distasteful and outrageous , will the sleeves not suffocate the slaves?

Maybe if you trimmed 1 cm from the top, they could lie in them like sleeping bags
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link from Amazon for the correct size for the Djin cards. http://www.amazon.com/Card-Game-Sleeves-80mm-100/dp/B00HGD48...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
To anyone who has sleeved this game, do they fit properly back in the box? and/or could you take a picture of your insert with the sleeved cards in it?

I would like to sleeve the cards, but the insert has such a nice fit for unsleeved cards. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
To anyone who has sleeved this game, do they fit properly back in the box? and/or could you take a picture of your insert with the sleeved cards in it?

I would like to sleeve the cards, but the insert has such a nice fit for unsleeved cards. :/

That would definitely interest me as well... Box is kind if full already with unsleeved cards :-\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Kapagami
Norway
Trondheim
Sør-Trøndelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have sleeved the resource deck with those size Red for FFG sleeves. Still looking for sleeves for the djinns. What I've done is put the scorepad in the big space. The sleeved cards are in their slot but in the FFG bag in which the sleeves came. All things fit perfectly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Peoble
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a ton of detail on sleeving the game:

Five Tribe Sleeve Info

The geeklist containing this info is worth bookmarking. It is constantly updated with new games and has proven very accurate in my experiences with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peoblej wrote:
Here is a ton of detail on sleeving the game:

Five Tribe Sleeve Info

The geeklist containing this info is worth bookmarking. It is constantly updated with new games and has proven very accurate in my experiences with it.

It is THE best list on BGG. It owns the upper left link in my quick links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solitary Solidarity
msg tools
You put the scorepad in the big meeples slot and left the resource/djinn cards in their slots but within bags so they don't spread out?

I should do that. I have sleeved both sets of cards - the Djinn cards fit in their slot while sleeved but the resource deck is too tall to sit under the scorepad. Currently I have split the resource deck in half and left one half in its regular spot under the scorecard and the other half in with the meeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockpaper Scissors
United States
flag msg tools
Brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.