GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,334 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
51 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: 4th Deluxe expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Devin Pike
United States
Red Bluff
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I am very new to the game but I have been keeping up on the netrunner news and saw that FFG just announced Order and Chaos as their 3rd deluxe set. This leaves NBN as the only remaining faction to cover. Do you think they will do another deluxe set for just NBN or do you think that there is a possibility of a 4th runner faction being introduced? I think a fourth faction would be pretty unlikely since it would need a LOT of catching up to get to the current card pool size. What are you folks expecting, hoping for or worried about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am expecting an NBN/Nuetral runner and corp splashing. Or they could just give me a second helping of Jenteki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
I see three realistic possibilities:

1 - NBN + Neutral Runner Cards

2 - NBN + A smattering across runner factions

3 - NBN + Shaper, with the runner cycle starting over.

I think 1 and 3 are most likely, and for the reasons you state, I'm very skeptical that we'd get a new faction entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
I'm very skeptical that we'd get a new faction entirely.

Yeah.. what do you think this is? Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Pike
United States
Red Bluff
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess there is also a possibility they could release an NBN exclusive data pack or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
polychrotid wrote:
I'm very skeptical that we'd get a new faction entirely.

Yeah.. what do you think this is? Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game

The difference there is that the system is sold piecemeal. With the LCGs you further dilute the releases and slow the trickle to a drip. Not that it isn't possible given that they did a deluxe release for a new faction in Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game when they already had 7 other factions.

Personally I think it will be NBN and whichever runner they think needs the biggest boost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternately, instead of an NBN pack, they could just release signs pointing at SanSan and Astrotrain that, in big bold letters, say "WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM US?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:

3 - NBN + Shaper, with the runner cycle starting over.

For me this is the highest possibility. The way the Deluxe Boxes are designed so far they are a stand alone product (with base box). you buy one and you have two decks to go and play and have fun with. I'm confident that FFG will keep it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then they better be planning to release 12 deluxe expansions, or I don't think my OCD will be able to take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN + 1 influence NBN power cards that you want to play in all corps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm still voting for Weyland vs. The World.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
etherial wrote:
I'm still voting for Weyland vs. The World.

Even though we know that Weyland v Anarch is the next box? o.O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
NBN and 3 55/0 dual-faction runner identities (Anarch/Shaper, Criminal/Shaper, Anarch/Criminal) would be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Mezzotero
msg tools
designer
badge
Running on last click.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 4th Deluxe expansion will be NBN + runner and corp cards to support a new game mode, like 1 Corp vs 2 runner or 2vs2, in the same style as this deluxe for Star Wars LCG: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm.asp?epmi=s&eidm=2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next deluxe will be 45 NBN cards (6 of which are IDs)+10 neutral corp cards. After all, NBN could really use the support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
moonwalkr wrote:
The 4th Deluxe expansion will be NBN + runner and corp cards to support a new game mode, like 1 Corp vs 2 runner or 2vs2, in the same style as this deluxe for Star Wars LCG: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm.asp?epmi=s&eidm=2...

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously though, I'd like to see that be what happens, would be really cool to see an official 2v2 in a similar vein to 'the big sell-out', or challenge decks, or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
moonwalkr wrote:

I think if they were going to do that, it'd need to be its own expansion for it to work properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
..>>>>

HEllo?

Hey, Netrunners! I come from the future.

...A new corp and a new runner faction are coming...

This was the only message I could send back in time. I thought of preventing wars, chaotic events in history, stopping the Titanic from hitting an iceberg, warning myself never to get invested in how they met the mother or even giving advice to help against the great alien invasion of 2017, but then I got my priorities right.

I only hope my presence here doesn't alter the past...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN + Human First runner faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NBN + New faction of Corp owned Runners.
Their theme will be off the shelf/interchangeable tools. Nothing has any real value over time and you can always replace it when needed.

The flavor for them is already there on Security Testing.
"She was as good as Mr. Li said. The source machine had been compromised in under 24 hours. If a freelance operative could do that, the server clearly wasn't ready to endure Gagarin's legion of corp-owned runners."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect either NBN and Shaper, or NBN and a Neutral Runner ID with a large amount of influence (25?) and lots of new neutral Runner cards.

The Source, Lucky Find, Eden Shard, Donut Taganes, and Oracle May would all be in faction...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever comes with NBN, it will be interesting watching how they solve the conundrum of boosting a faction which is already OP without killing the game altogether.

If I had my way, the fourth deluxe would bring errata'd Astroscripts and SanSans. Not happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN Deluxe box contents:

1*Astroscript Pilot Project
2*SanSan City Grid

There you go!

More likely, It'll be NBN and a load of neutral-with-influence-cost runner cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What FFG has been very good at doing with the Deluxe packs was to introduce concepts that fight with the factions' current strengths if they were strong, developing a new playstyle, or to bolster laggin factions. Look at HB - they got a couple of new ways to play - HBFA was dominating, then they developed into bioroids, glaciers, and CI combos, and custom biotics combos.

Shapers were lagging then they caught up with their tutor-on-the-run style.

Crims got a resource-heavy style that couldn't afford to keep tags as much as before.

Jinteki got tools to bolster their damage output and got gambling viable.

So if anything, I look forward to seeing how NBN diversifies

As for Weyland/Anarch - we can already see weyland getting a remote-centric style, and their advancement token stuff's getting bolstered - sure they'll still be the king of burning your house down, but that's no longer the only specialty.

Anarch's sorely needing a catchup, and looks like their virus game's gonna get mad again

So - exciting stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alak Kalan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
fameros wrote:
Whatever comes with NBN, it will be interesting watching how they solve the conundrum of boosting a faction which is already OP without killing the game altogether.

If I had my way, the fourth deluxe would bring errata'd Astroscripts and SanSans. Not happening.

The fourth deluxe box is almost two complete cycles away. While NBN is currently too strong, and probably will stay too strong for some time, I'm pretty sure it will be reined in during the next cylce. One way (Silver Bullets, Errata, Restricted Lists) or another (general slight power creep, soft counters).

Otherwise they will probaby try to boost other playstyles. For example, they could do something like this:

No fast advance cards.
No agenda that needs less than 4 advancements.
IDs (and accompanying cards) centered around tagging, trap play and glacier.

That way, the potential boost for FA would be minimized, although good new economy cards and ice would still help FA somewhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.