GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
Admittedly I haven't played the game for very long but we are finding that whoever goes first will end up with two power bolts and second will get 1 and the first player will USUALLY win. Not always of course. Now I'm
Not necessarily saying the game is broken but more along the lines of wondering what we're doing wrong. We're sort of at the point where our teams are almost identical and the only difference from game to game is who has the extra power bolt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
For the record out teams are usually like hawkeye, beast, black widow, Loki, human torch, and the rest varies slightly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 things.

1 - each player brings 2 action cards to the game, so theoretically, each of you could bring one, and then you could divvy them up 3 each.

2 - We haven't found it to be too powerful at all on it's own. It's only 2 damage. With your Hawkeye, you should be able to clear your opponent's defenders, and get through with more than 2 damage. With your Beast (666 I imagine) you should be able to accelerate your dice pull, and get a big beater. Also, one of the iron men can help with his [shield] ability to redirect damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
Zeromage wrote:
Admittedly I haven't played the game for very long but we are finding that whoever goes first will end up with two power bolts and second will get 1 and the first player will USUALLY win. Not always of course. Now I'm
Not necessarily saying the game is broken but more along the lines of wondering what we're doing wrong. We're sort of at the point where our teams are almost identical and the only difference from game to game is who has the extra power bolt.

NOPE.

not in the slightest

play more games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:
Zeromage wrote:

NOPE.

not in the slightest

play more games

Echo this comment. There are a handful of things out of balance in this game but Power Bolt ain't one of them. Why not try Uncommon Rogue and zap your friend right back with his power bolts.

You need to play more and play with different characters. New players need to draft or you won't ever grasp about 90% of the interactions in this game.

I played online with a new player with random teams we drafted up. Won the first game, then switched teams and won that one too. Both by more than 10 points. Playing like this will show you how this game works outside of the little box you've placed yourself in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It is incredible in situations, but overall does not really do that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Sorry
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
When paired with Human Torch's global, it's quite powerful. The problem is that even if you bring it, it's not guaranteed to be quite powerful for you.

Kind of on topic, is there a rule that says both of your action cards have to be different? Could you bring six power bolts yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wood
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
NaptownMVP wrote:
Kind of on topic, is there a rule that says both of your action cards have to be different? Could you bring six power bolts yourself?
Under Tournament Teams (p23 of the rulebook):
"Choose two different Basic Action cards."

For casual play, you could definitely try that variant if you and your opponent wanted to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.