Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was waiting for it to come out and then realized it came out in July (or did it?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes this is out already, but there was a limited print run, so you may struggle to get a copy now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
They printed an initial run of 1000.

Our initial allocation has all-but gone, however I spoke to Gary at Ragnar Brothers yesterday, and he said they were flying out but did I want any more ?

Therefore ... I assume that there are still some available.

However, I would get on the Ragnar's website as soon as possible and grab one.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know this is still available. Boulder Games seemed to be the first US online retailer to carry it. They are waiting for a restock, but I assume it will come in. Game Surplus also listed it earlier this week, but they are also now out of stock.

It seems to be somewhat of a hot item, but I'm sure that both of these sites will eventually get copies back in stock. 1000 is still kind of a lot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtakagi wrote:

It seems to be somewhat of a hot item, but I'm sure that both of these sites will eventually get copies back in stock. 1000 is still kind of a lot...

1000 is certainly NOT alot. Alan Moon's White Wind limited edition Elfen-series were published in a run of 1200 and Elfenroads is worth stacks of money now. Something like Puerto Rico or an FFG game would be in the run of at least 8000-10000 to get price breaks on costs.

500 or so copies of Shear Panic were sold out by the end of the FIRST day of Essen. 1024 copies of the original Richard Breese Reef Encounter sold out soon after Essen release. I suspect that Canal Mania will be sold out by Essen.

The hard thing with getting Canal Mania and other games from the US is the cost of both the shipping and the game POST coversion from the Sterling Pound. But this game is worth every single cent.

So yeah. Grab a copy while you can. The good thing about ordering direct from Ragnar (ensuring maximum profits go to them) is that you can also get Viking Fury with a 10 pound discount. Another game worth grabbing.

Who knows, if this sells out, Canal Mania may go the way of Ys, Caylus, Antike and other small press games that get co-published/distributed by a big boy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:

1000 is certainly NOT alot. Alan Moon's White Wind limited edition Elfen-series were published in a run of 1200 and Elfenroads is worth stacks of money now. Something like Puerto Rico or an FFG game would be in the run of at least 8000-10000 to get price breaks on costs.

You're right, but it's been a long time since Elfenroads was originally published. Canal Mania has only been out for a couple months. I realize that 1000 isn't a huge amount, but it's large enough that the original poster shouldn't have to worry about tracking down a copy. I would be very surprised if they've all been sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two words: Richard Breese.

Canal Mania is hot, and they are moving fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jed Ashforth
United Kingdom
Stockport
cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of us recently (last weekend) got copies from Shire Games in Stoke-on-Trent, so any UK canal-wannabes might try there? I think Nick, the very nice proprietor, said he had more in stock. Worth a try if you're struggling to find it

http://www.shiregames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sumo wrote:
Two words: Richard Breese.
Canal Mania is hot, and they are moving fast.

You can't really compare the two.
Richard Breese is making LIMITED print runs. An intial print run of 1000 copies may be small, but I don't recall Ursuppe has ever been difficult to get hold of with it similar initial print run of 1000.

(not to speak of Peter Prinz' intial printrun of 100 copies of Jenseits von Theben).

I see no reason why Ragnar Brothers wouldn't print more copies.

That said, there is absolute no reason not to buy one of the few remaining copies of the first print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the Game Surplus site, you can place an order and they'll have one to send you in one to two weeks. Boulder's site also says they have a restock coming soon.

Just got mine. Very nice presentation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I (back)ordered mine from Games Surplus (www.gamesurplus.com) a few days ago. I got the e-mail today that my copy was on its way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn it. I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive by surface.

I did tell Gary (ragnar) that I'd probably get my games quicker if I waited for them to arrive in the German and/or US stores and ordered from them instead. : )

Ah well, I guess I'll have to play the hundreds of other unplayed games on my shelves instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boulder Games now lists this as "in stock", and Game Surplus has it in stock as well (apparently), although they are on hiatus until early October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.