GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,471 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Coin Age» Forums » General

Subject: Thoughts on the arrival of Coin Age rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I received a nice surprise yesterday when I found Coin Age in my mailbox. The game came out well and I'm excited to use the additional maps. Some thoughts:

1) Love the credit card plastic for the original map. I'll probably laminate the other two maps to give them similar durability

2) The cardboard coins are a nice option to have. Certainly lightweight and more discrete than slapping down metal coins while at a restaurant.

3) I prefer the slapping of metal coins, so to heck with the other patrons of the restaurant! I'm not going to sticker my pocket change though.

Now the questions is, what to do with the stickers?

Edit: Looks like I forgot to finish typing the subject for this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Thoughts on the
I actually would recommend stickering up your pocket change. It takes a bit of time and care, but the results are really very nice. It makes the game look and feel much more polished. You get the heft of the coins with the visual appeal of the stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
I actually would recommend stickering up your pocket change. It takes a bit of time and care, but the results are really very nice. It makes the game look and feel much more polished. You get the heft of the coins with the visual appeal of the stickers.

I just have this vision of the stickers peeling, bit by bit, from the coins and becoming this unsightly, sticky mess with bits of pocket lint stuck all over the place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Everett-Lane
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:
lSweetJusticel wrote:

I just have this vision of the stickers peeling, bit by bit, from the coins and becoming this unsightly, sticky mess with bits of pocket lint stuck all over the place.

You don't want gunk on your games, Gunky Gamer?

Apropos of nothing, the envelope makes a nice holder for other micro-games. I fit a copy of Pocket Ogre, Lightspeed, and Win Lose Banana in there along with Coin Age and the cardboard coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
everettlane wrote:
You don't want gunk on your games, Gunky Gamer?

Apropos of nothing, the envelope makes a nice holder for other micro-games. I fit a copy of Pocket Ogre, Lightspeed, and Win Lose Banana in there along with Coin Age and the cardboard coins.

laugh In my case Gunky refers to a place, not a state of hygiene. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawangunk_Ridge.

Anyway, I decided I was being silly and opted to flirt with pocket lint disaster:

We'll see how it goes. I also laminated the two cardboard maps. It now occurs to me that with the cardboard coins+credit card map in one package and the coin-based coins+laminated maps in another, I have two complete sets. Coin Age really is just about the best value in gaming ever!

Unfortunately, my envelope had a big DHL sticker over the flap, so I'm not going to get much mileage out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the coins in a tiny zipper bag before you put them in your wallet. Gunk (but not Shawangunk: thanks for that, now on my list of must-sees) free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse McGatha
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:

And besides, who uses change for buying things in this age of plastic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.