GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,248 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
69 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Any expansions planned? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just that the box is so huge for the number of cards we get.
Yes, the play mat is on the long side, but a folded board could have fitted in a square box, me thinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just speculation but since they called it Legendary Encounters I would expect there to be some Predators down the road. This set covers all 3 movies so not sure what else they can add that's Alien related. Im sure they will come up with something awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... I'm really not a fan of the Predator cross-over.
But I mean, they could design new objectives that fit within the universe even if they weren't part of any movie we've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The fact that I don't know how much more material there is in the Aliens universe for expansions is one of the main reasons I'm holding off on buying this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jurn
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Who knows, Prometheus content?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
They got the rights to predators for an expansion http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/23829/upper-deck-previews-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Akmal
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm expecting a predators game but i'm not sure if its gonna be an expansion. Would be cool if we get to play the predators and are hunting for the aliens in the spaceships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Predator expansion has been announced, I wouldn't be surprised to see an AvP style expansion that adds competitive game play and colonial marines.

Edit typo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption has always been that they didn't called it Legendary Aliens for a reason. Encounters is probably their space-related label.

For this reason, I think Predetor and Firefly will be smartly compatible, but each offering their own playstyle and goals. Sort of like Stand-alone expansions. They all work well with the same coop mechanics, except that in Alien it makes sense for your player to turn alien, not so sure about Predator. It would make sense in Firefly that you turn into a reaver though.

I hope they do Firefly next because I like firefly the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is silly knowing the franchise...

You should be asking WHEN?

I'll probably one buy this though it's only the first film of the series I really like.

Prometheus was crap - even worse than the fourth one...incredible gaps in logic (like what did the opening scene have to do with anything?!? amongst many, many more...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deacis wrote:
Who knows, Prometheus content?

Not really sure I want to store a steaming turd in my box - would surely ruin the other cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jstalica wrote:

I'll probably one buy this though as it's the only film of the series I really like.

Prometheus was crap - even worse than the fourth one...incredible gaps in logic (like what did the opening scene have to do with anything?!? amongst many, many more...)

The opening scene is the explanation for live spontaneously appearing on earth. The movie was certainly flawed, but not terrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jstalica wrote:

The Engineer's race was seeding planets with the genetic material responsible for the creation of life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
jstalica wrote:

I'll probably one buy this though as it's the only film of the series I really like.

I really liked the movie and im looking forward the comic cross over with prometheus, aliens and predators
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the 4th movie. I too am not very interested in Predator mixed with alien, on it's own it's fine.

Maybe something from the new video game since it's cannon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
I like the 4th movie. I too am not very interested in Predator mixed with alien, on it's own it's fine.

Maybe something from the new video game since it's cannon.

Or the new novels?

http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Out-Shadows-Novel-1-ebook/dp/B00...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if they are cannon or not. Or who has the rights too them. But there are dozens of Dark Horse comics set in the Alien universe too.

*edit*

Actually, I know some of them aren't because of the beginning of Alien 3. Events canceled out some things that happened in the comics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
jstalica wrote:

The opening scene is the explanation for live spontaneously appearing on earth. The movie was certainly flawed, but not terrible.

Really...and we all had the genetics "hard-wired-to-post-galactic-maps-on-cave-walls" to go to a deserted planet outpost...?

What BS...

The movies just got worse and worse until it became hyper-obvious that Hollywood was "milking" the franchise to the hilt.

No, only the first is a classic for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are gonna hate me, but I like Alien Resurrection and Prometheus more than the 2nd and Third movie...I'd love to see expansions that focus on those. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
You guys are gonna hate me, but I like Alien Resurrection and Prometheus more than the 2nd and Third movie...I'd love to see expansions that focus on those. modest

You're right. I hate you.

How old are you anyway...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
jstalica wrote:

This is the Internet. Either it's perfect or it's a steaming pile.

Although it's funny for people to call out Prometheus in a franchise which is pretty hit-or-miss in its movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stubobj wrote:
This set covers all 3 movies

If nothing else, there are plenty of characters from all of the Alien movies to have a character expansion, even overlooking any ties to Predator/Prometheus/other sci-fi.

I will chip in with my two cents and say I have a hard time seeing how someone can think any movie except Alien 3 was the worst in the franchise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jstalica wrote:
RhodesN7 wrote:

27. I acknowledge the flaws in Prometheus, but respect what it tried to do with the story and admire it on a technical level. As for Resurrection, well, that was just good fun. Great cast of actors playing a rag tag group of space pirates. You can really tell Whedon had a hand in it. I think people take themselves too seriously if they can't enjoy this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have to say that getting all of these Encounters games so I can have River Tam fighting off Aliens with a Predator's spear makes me tickly in my tummy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
jstalica wrote:
RhodesN7 wrote:

27. I acknowledge the flaws in Prometheus, but respect what it tried to do with the story and admire it on a technical level. As for Resurrection, well, that was just good fun. Great cast of actors playing a rag tag group of space pirates. You can really tell Whedon had a hand in it. I think people take themselves too seriously if they can't enjoy this one.

I'm almost twice your age and believe me the wonder I felt seeing the original movie soon after it was released was fantastic. The actors were all great as well, not like the clowns that were in Resurrection...

You weren't even sure the Alien could be killed (even at the end) in the original. The plot certainly implied that it was a "perfect" organism that not even direct blasts from a starship engine could kill. And Ash...Ash was the creepiest, most MF robot ever! Still is IMO. Even more than the Terminator, because he pretended to be friendly while serving his corporate masters (crew expendable) back home...The film had vision...

And from the 2nd onwards all you needed was a gun and some ammo cartridges...how banally formulaic. Downhill all the way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.