GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,553 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Anybody else dissapointed with Paizo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Foerster
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As of late I have been very disappointed with Paizo and these glitches they are having with their website. IT is one thing after another and I can't tell if I am going to get my order, not get my order, be charged twice for it, get my order late etc. This has been on going for several weeks now and it is getting very frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William A
United States
Mount Clare
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Let's Go Pens!
badge
When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
What glitches are you having? I've been using their site for the last 8-9 years and haven't noticed any glitches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had issues for a couple of months as well. They tell me my card is no good. I check it and it is fine. I send a request they tell me everyting is good. But It is rather annoying. I am going to get the gbase for S&S but I am not sure if I am going to continue (not because of the issues, mopre I am just kinda bored with the Adventure Card Game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Bear
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
I love CCGs/LCGs/Dice Games
badge
Everyday I'm Shufflin
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say in general their site look & feel is bad and dated enough I never looked into ordering anything directly...though I was tempted to subscribe to one thing or another on occasion.

Hearing this I'm glad I haven't tried, I do hope they overhaul it sometime in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Foerster
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
acreman wrote:
What glitches are you having? I've been using their site for the last 8-9 years and haven't noticed any glitches.

The glitches are the ones I mentioned: Order not showing up, showing up twice, credit card declined after clearing it with company and Paizo,.

If I get my order on time and am not charged extra then I will consider using them again but it really has been a hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered a fair few Pdfs from the site and never had an issue.

This said I do think the site is a bit of a maze to navigate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the re-skin of the pathfinder card game... What a joke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Foerster
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:

Not sure what you were expecting.... and I personally like it. But I am more concerned with the troubles on the website and the inability of Paizo to fix these "glitches".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kilgore
United States
Sturgeon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:

Re-skin?

You mean the new base set and the new story arc? Seems logical to me - the first game is like a test run to see if there is interest and to listen to customer comments. Second one will probably be better in some ways. They might be trying to lengthen the story arc / expansion set, but I would anticipate there being another base set on down the road. Build a box, fill it with cards, repeat.

Now, if I sound like an enthusiast, I am not. I am playing through the first game now and, depending on my enjoyment, I may be done. But I do not feel like Paizo has abandoned me and my investment in their game. It is like a boxed set of videos or something similar - it has a conclusion. I appreciate that they are continuing to enhance the game.

As for Paizo as a merchant... I don't need my games so fast that I want to subscribe to them. It is sort of neat that you catch promo cards, but I prefer being in control of their spending habits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.