GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,127 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Assimilation Prime Reveal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's up, in two parts for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDrX8s_lx_M&list=UUD7Q56qYo7...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xl5mGbhSRM&list=UUD7Q56qYo7...

Definitely wasn't expecting this to be from *the* mirror universe. Although crazy beard Riker was out of his mind, I don't remember anything indicating that he was evil. He's wearing a normal combadge in the screen I hit too.

The different stats for the ship and the abilities definitely seem neat, but I'm sad that the good Riker isn't Federation. Maybe the 4 cost is meant to factor in cross-factioning him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On that card she showed it states that "mirror universe" faction encompasses all parallel and alternate timelines. Basically, anything not prime universe is mirror universe. I guess that JJ Trek would be mirror universe then as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The mirror universe is a catchall for anything form another reality/universe.

I already called dibs in the other thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess Gilbert
msg tools
The way I read the Mirror universe card they are lumping together all ships that are outside the standard timeline, so crazy bird riker and goatee spock can be on the same ship for no faction penalty. I also think it's interesting that you can take a worf from the mirror universe and a worf from the standard universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, totally missed that while focusing on the icon and thinking about the mirror Defiant, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DonMegel wrote:
The mirror universe is a catchall for anything form another reality/universe.

I already called dibs in the other thread.

No worries, these should be available in greater quantity than certain products at GenCon.......... right? lol

Good luck to all playing local OP's in an attempt to win one!

The most difficult part of this ship is going to be the maneuver dial. At least it should have a rear arc unlike the Battleship. Take away the Battleship's 4 banks left/right and add a red 6 and red reverse 1 and you have the new dial. I do like the 5 primary attack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, what could hurt this ship a lot is that it probably is stuck wiht only the 90 degree arc. With this kind of maneuverability it could be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.... "A proxying we shall go."

This ship is going to go for an absolutely stupid price on eBay, only likely beaten by the Stargazer. zombierobot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure the Stargazer would go for more than this. There's a greater supply, and the ship itself will probably be pretty weak (and its not a sure thing that the upgrades will be fantastic). We'll see when she does a preview of it too. All we know for sure at the moment is it might have a bit of sentimental value attached to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shrouded In Mystery
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually a bit happy that this Riker is not Federation. The Federation already has enough good captains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Corbett
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
It looks as though mirror universe will be more competitive than some of the other fringe factions.

Access to good primary firepower? Check.
Access to good secondaries? Check.
Access to good captains? Check.

Note that if we get Mirror Universe quantum torps here, the Mirror Defiant is freed up to have something else... like those pulsed phasers we all want so badly! I just hope it will be dual faction... (or even better... includes separate Fed and Mirror copies)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was promised crazy beard. Where is my crazy beard? First the cake, now this? Bah!!! So done with this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bueckert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little surprised there's only one crew card. And it's Worf - who'll get doubled up on the Regents ship I'm sure.

But maybe this was there way of making an LE ship not TOO great? (Not that it isn't already pretty great - even if Riker has a non-crazy beard, he is potent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
I was promised crazy beard. Where is my crazy beard? First the cake, now this? Bah!!! So done with this game!

They even had crazy-beard Riker's elite talent! That really was a missed opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
machinesquad wrote:
I am a little surprised there's only one crew card. And it's Worf - who'll get doubled up on the Regents ship I'm sure.

But maybe this was there way of making an LE ship not TOO great? (Not that it isn't already pretty great - even if Riker has a non-crazy beard, he is potent).

I'm sure he'll be a Captain/Admiral in the MU Negh'var.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
machinesquad wrote:

That's an interesting point; these new mirror uniqueness rules can lead to some pretty strange consequences. Maybe they'll call Mirror Worf "The Regent" or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since MU encompasses all parallel/quantum realities according to the card (aside from, apparently, the future from "All Good Things..." as the Pasteur is Federation according to the preorders), the choice of Riker seems to me to not be due to the single specific instance of the damaged Enterprise in "Parallels" (i.e., "crazy beard" as people keep saying). That particular Enterprise isn't even represented by the ship cards (it was never partially assimilated, just badly damaged). Rather, there were many cases of parallel realities/alternate futures in TNG and in a lot of them, Riker was shown as succeeding Picard as captain of the Enterprise. So I think they just pulled from various versions of alternate Enterprise-D's (i.e., ship could be seen as the one from "Yesterday's Enterprise", Riker as the non-dishevelled captain from "Parallels" or the alternate/fake future from "Future Imperfect", the elite talent is a quote from "Parallels", etc), and then just threw a couple Borg upgrades on for the dual-faction variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ship really needs to start with 0 shield, 1 hull, and maybe a 2 attack though to be accurate to the episode. It did die to a single warning shot from the Enterprise-D and its weapons were not powerful enough to even scratch a shuttle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
The ship really needs to start with 0 shield, 1 hull, and maybe a 2 attack though to be accurate to the episode. It did die to a single warning shot from the Enterprise-D and its weapons were not powerful enough to even scratch a shuttle.

Its not that ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we ever get an All Good Things Enterprise dreadnought it'll be the same faction, maybe a mash-up of that and Yesterday's Enterprise for crew and upgrades. They could then make an Admiral/Captain Riker card for that and a crew Picard. If so, what would the inevitable "It's bigger in the past!" talent do? We could then get a Mirror/Fed dual faction Guinan.

Really, the best thing that could come out of this would be a Pasteur with Capt. Crusher, although I'd like to see them dual-faction that as Fed just because she so rarely got good parts.

Curious how many people will take this new Riker for the Feds for 5 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So if we ever get an All Good Things Enterprise dreadnought it'll be the same faction

Maybe, maybe not. The rules card does say MU is for all non-prime universe ships... but the Pasteur is listed as Federation so perhaps the stuff from All Good Things will not be MU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Norris
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Quote:
So if we ever get an All Good Things Enterprise dreadnought it'll be the same faction

Maybe, maybe not. The rules card does say MU is for all non-prime universe ships... but the Pasteur is listed as Federation so perhaps the stuff from All Good Things will not be MU.

so does this mean JJ-verse is (well, could be) classified as Mirror Universe then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would think so, yes. This is what the rules card says specifically, for those that didn't pause the video or haven't watched it.

Quote:
Faction: Mirror Universe
The Mirror Universe Faction consists of anything that exists in any universe other than the Prime Universe (i.e. parallel, quantum, etc.) See pg. 18 of the Rules of Play for the Mirror Universe faction initiative rules.

Mirror Universe Unique Icon
This icon is used on any unique card of the Mirror Universe Faction. The rules for Unique names (see pg. 21 of the Rules of Play) apply to all Mirror Universe cards with the following exception:

Though you cannot have 2 unique Mirror Universe cards with the same name in your fleet, you may have one unique card from the Prime Universe and one unique card from the Mirror Universe of the same unique name (i.e., you may have 2 "Worf" cards in your fleet as long as one of them as the gold circle with the black star and the other has the black circle with the gold star).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Quote:

So I guess whether that's considered a parallel universe depends on your views of time travel and the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't anything from Enterprise be Mirror Universe because that is an altered timeline resulting from the time travel in "First Contact"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.