Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schuller
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night two of my three sons were out, leaving one home with me. We had probably 20 minutes to hang so I suggested he show me how to play Cosmic Wimpout. He likes very light games, and the luck factor is also a big plus for him.

He explained the rules quickly and tried to include the 'strategy' tid bit about the black die being useful as the odds are better to roll a scoring value since it contains the wild card!

He offered to go first and pressed his luck too far. So I rolled and on the roll after he told me I could stop I did. I figured if I had even a small lead it would get under his skin! I was right he chose to score without taking too much risk and stopped with a 10 point lead. (75 - 65)

At this point I figured it might be good to know how many points wins the game! He said it is either 500 or 300 and suggested 300 since we didnt have too much time.

The turns went by fairly quickly as I had a string of such terrible luck, he found it amusing! He just racked up some points and watched me bust after bust after bust....oh excuseme I suppose I should refer to it as train wreck!

I was beginning to think the dice were loaded, and the score was now 230 to 65! And then, my luck finally started to turn! I was able to score and stop, albeit a miminal 30 points. But it was a start.

Of course he was not going to wait for Dad to catch up and soon it was 120 to 260. Of course it stayed that way for a little while as I closed the score to 200 - 270.
He was keeping score and I had what I thought was a great roll, his handwriting was bad and I thought I had 260 not 200! I elected to wimpout, just to make him think I could win and closed the score to 265 - 270! He could score for nothing!

However, on his next turn he had 45 points and thought better of pressing his luck as he feared I would get over 300 on my next turn. BUt he allowed me a final turn.... 80 points later when I was allowed to stop....

Dad wins! Final score 345 - 315

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He allowed you a final turn? When someone reaches the target score, the people who are not winning always get a last chance to catch up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.