Popular Tags: mrjr_rsp [+] MagicRealm [+] [View All]
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Project has been undertaken by me - please skim through the thread to see how things develop as I try to bring updates to it as often as I can!

You know what I'd like to see? A tutorial for this game - an introduction booklet where your first couple of turns (or why not a whole game?) are predetermined and all you need to do is follow the instructions carefully, just like the booklet that comes with Starship Catan. Not only would it without doubt prove very useful for newcomers, but could also act as an refreshment for those who haven’t played the game for a while and are feeling a bit rusty.

The first tutorial/game would be played without any spells, combat or even natives - all of which would be introduced in the following tutorials ony by one until the player(s) have learned everything that the game has to offer. Naturally, this booklet would consist of both text and images to really clarify what to do next and what consequences that action comes with.
I’m sort of thinking though that instead of making a booklet you’d have cards that are blank on one side and have the instructions printed on the other - that way you couldn’t accidentally "peek into the future" and see what awaits you on your next turn/day. Gotta try and keep the gameplay exciting even though everything you do has been predetermined

Anyone willing to undertake a project like this? I’m thinking about doing it myself but because I still consider myself a newbie and haven’t even played the game for a year, things could turn out very wrong -_-
Not that I wouldn’t come here first and have you veterans evaluate the tutorial before uploading it or even proceeding to the next step, because I would...

Any thoughts? If only I were not only a veteran MR-player but had some Macromedia Flash-skills as well, then I would have put together a nifty Flash-demo similar to the one that Wizards has created for their Star Wars Miniatures (and RPG) game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. Though I've played, let me know if you find one. I'd love to see it.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm for it too, there are lots of MR sites and it is loved by many people.
This would be great to get more converts and help lessen the initial burden on this apparently great game.
Till then Runebound or Return of the Heroes is the way to go for me, just can't quite get the MR curve.
Maybe I'm just a dumb-bunny or just getting olde, but someone please help with MR!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While certainly not a tutorial, I believe the 2nd edition rules had some nice examples of play that you could walk through but they are kind of limited in what they cover. There are several guides to specific characters that are nice and go over strengths and weaknesses and good ways to approach the game with those specific characters. those might be of some use to you. I'd like to see more of these since there are only a handful available.

As for a tutorial, that might just be harder than putting together the rules in some ways. There are so many different situations that can come up and each of the many characters has a different approach to many of those situations. A useful tutorial would probably be bigger than the current version of the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McKnight
United States
Needham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You know what I'd like to see? A tutorial for this game - an introduction booklet where your first couple of turns (or why not a whole game?) are predetermined and all you need to do is follow the instructions carefully, just like the booklet that comes with Starship Catan.

What about the Beginning/Intermediate Magic Realm (BIMR)e-mail games that are still on-line with complete daily orders, results, and combat worked out? I know that some people have found it very useful to follow through the moves of a completely worked out Play-By-E-Mail game.

If you want to follow a day-by-day record of any of these games, look at the "History" block and click on Day 1, Day 2, etc. Be sure to look at the "Game Rules" section of each game before you start so you can understand which optional rules are in play instead of wondering why some strange event has happened.

1. The original BIMR game site (with a game summary, comments on play, and daily orders and results complete with a hi-res maps of each day with movement of each character indicated by colored arrows) is:
http://www.redridgegames.com/MR/

2. The BIMR3 game (which has images of Melee Sheets for combat in addition to a very complete game summary, comments on play, and day-by-day orders and maps) can be found at:
http://www.thewinternet.com/BIMR/

3. For those who want to see an example of a game with the Optional Combat Rules, BIMR4 can be found at:
http://www.thewinternet.com/BIMR4/rules.html

4. Teresa Michelson game-mastered BIMR5, and her record can be found at:
http://www.thewinternet.com/BIMR5/

5. Finally, a recent BIMR game, BIMR6, can be found at:
http://www.thewinternet.com/mcknight/BIMR6/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
As for a tutorial, that might just be harder than putting together the rules in some ways. There are so many different situations that can come up and each of the many characters has a different approach to many of those situations. A useful tutorial would probably be bigger than the current version of the rules!

Don't say that, I myself am very confident in that each tutorial would in fact consist of a reasonable number of pages/cards believe that covering the rules would be much easier than one may think - if you take it step by step (again, the first tutorial would cover the basics such as moving, hiding and searching, the second would have more focus on combat, third includes natives and thus introduces trade etc).

And I don’t think that it would be all that necessary to cover every possible situation because once you get the hang of things (which you hopefully have after playing through all of the tutorials), I’m positive that players would have an easier time reading and understanding the rules - thus leading to them being able to resolve a tricky situation by themselves.

mcknight wrote:
What about the Beginning/Intermediate Magic Realm (BIMR)e-mail games that are still on-line with complete daily orders, results, and combat worked out? I know that some people have found it very useful to follow through the moves of a completely worked out Play-By-E-Mail game.

I seem to recall having read a couple of those e-mail game sessions and while they did help some during my time of learning, I found them a little to confusing and "compact" to be of any bigger use, because I had still not fully understood all of the rules and those games didn't really explain much to me either.

I’ll be putting together a single card (nothing fancy) from what I would call the Basic Tutorial, which covers one turn (for one character) that occurs a couple of days in an ongoing game, just to show you my vision

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
The possibility of creating a tutorial has in fact been discussed here previously:

Detailed MR replay game?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/35781

Following that discussion, I talked with Joel Yoder, just to make sure that we weren't duplicating each other's ideas. We weren't... his approach to a tutorial was quite a bit different from what I had in mind, and I think the two would have been complementary.

But I don't know if Joel ever worked on his tutorial idea... and I have had no time to pursue mine. Maybe someday.

Steve McKnight wrote:

These game records are useful, but they don't take the place of a proper tutorial. They are kind of like an unannotated record of a grandmaster chess game: you can see what happened in the game, but without expert commentary on each move you may not understand much about what actually occurred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear that none of the "promised" tutorials mentioned in that thread were fullfilled, especially yours which sounded very promising.

Should I jump on a project of my own it would probably only cover a solo game of just one character that goes on for two or three weeks, after which the player would have a chance of finishing the game by himself using what he has already learned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McKnight
United States
Needham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richfam wrote:
These game records are useful, but they don't take the place of a proper tutorial. They are kind of like an unannotated record of a grandmaster chess game: you can see what happened in the game, but without expert commentary on each move you may not understand much about what actually occurred.

Point well taken. The BIMR and BIMR3 games have "Comments on Play," but these are more macro-comments on player strategies than step-by-step accounts of play.

There are three detailed records of combat which are posted on Dave Brown's Magic Realm Keep site. Accounts of the White Knight fighting a Tremendous Dragon and Scott Sadusky's Swordsman vs. Captain combat (both originally from Daniel Tartaglia's website) are at:
http://www.geocities.com/finiasjynx/faqs/mr-combat.html

Dave Brown's account of the Black Knight with a crossbow defeating two Tremendous Giants is at:
http://www.geocities.com/finiasjynx/faqs/mr-combat2.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is, nothing fancy as you can see (I would probably come up with something better than this though if I really put my heart into it):

Something that I forgot about in this picture but don't have the time nor tool to fix at the moment is making it more obvious whenever a character or monster moves by having a transparent chit at the starting point and draw an arrow or a path to the clearing which he/she/it has moved to and there put a fully visible chit.

And yes, had this been the first card to talk about Hiding or Searching it would've come with an explanation for these actions. But for now, let's just assume that this has already been covered during another turn/day I have other things that I need to attend to away from the computer ^^

Edit: Dang, you can tell it's been a while since my last game of MR - the TURN RECORD on the card should read M-CL3, not just M3 blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Very nice! That's what a good tutorial should look like.

Tomas Engström wrote:
Dang, you can tell it's been a while since my last game of MR - the TURN RECORD on the card should read M-CL3, not just M3 blush

Actually, despite what the rules say, you can use any notation system you like... as long as you can prove to the other players that the move you made was the move you wrote down.

In my old group, we would have written this move as "3SSH" as long as the off-map connecting clearing was not also a "3". In many cases, especially if you are moving to more than one clearing, the clearing numbers are all that is necessary.

Of course... in a tutorial... you WOULD have to do things strictly "by the book."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I'll be sure to make some more as well as work on the layout.
It looks as if I'll be embarking on this project after all. At least that first card was a thrill to make, I enjoy these sort of pottering ^^

And I would also have simplified the Move-action had this been my old gaming group. But I feel that the tutorial should follow what's printed in the rules, as you said yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very nice and would be a huge help. Now that I see this I change my mind, it certainly would be doable in a reasonable size and while it wouldn't cover everything you could certainly get below the surface for a number of different characters. Maybe once you get a series of these completed you could try running a different character through the same 'scenario' to emphasize some of the special abilities/concerns of the different characters. For instance the White Knight and Black Knight might be similar enough that you wouldn't need one for each of them but the Woods Girl, Swordsman and Dwarf are all pretty different in various aspects of the game. Same goes for say the Druid, the Wizard and the Magician for example. It would be interesting to see some situations throughout the 'scenario' that would emphasize the significant differences between these characters.

Just to give you an idea of why I think this is important. I think that this is really one of the big issues with learning the rules of the game. Once you get past being initially overwhelmed by the rules the next hurdle is understanding how the various characters are different and how they may approach various situations in the game differently. Sure there are several nice strategy guides that help you understand how the characters are different but actually seeing it would be much better. And saying that something like that is better left to the player once they have a feel for how to play the game isn't a very satisfying explaination to me since if you are playing against other people you will need to have some idea of what the various characters can do so that you can compete against them. Something as basic as how various characters might move through the same region and why would go a long way toward bringing some sort of basic understanding of the game to a beginner. Many people who try the game just never get past knowing the rules well enough to operate their character. All they see is the complicated rules and they never get to experience the best part of the game which is the interactions between the characters and why the characters are different in the ways they are. Something like your tutorial project could be a way to provide that additional insight to push people from hating the game or being indifferent to really getting into the game. Good luck with your project and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your point Alan and agree with you. So I'm thinking that perhaps aside from the tutorials teaching you how to actually play the game, there would be another three or four covering some of the more advanced characters and how to play them.

Speaking of which - what characters would you guys say would be fitting for learning the a) basics, b) combat, and c) magic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a new version of that first card which I hastily put together. I made a few changes to it just because:

And a peek at what I'll be showing off soon enough - thought that those of you who are actually following this thread would be interested in it, plus I want to make sure that you stay interested ^^

"DAY 9, THE BORDER LAND

Ah, now this is a most interesting map tile. During the past eight days our character has explored the open clearings of thick forests, creepy valleys and even some steep mountains. Now for the first time during this adventure - you'll be going underground, exploring dark cave clearings.

And because there's a Site Chit in clearing 4, that's where we're heading - with hopes of finding the Lost City which contains as many as five additional chits and some of these are bound to include invaluable treasures!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhh, I'm on the edge of my seat! What peril awaits our intrepid adventurer in the land of the Realms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McKnight
United States
Needham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ConraDargo wrote:
Here's a new version of that first card which I hastily put together. I made a few changes to it just because...

"And because there's a Site Chit in clearing 4, that's where we're heading - with hopes of finding the Lost City which contains as many as five additional chits and some of these are bound to include invaluable treasures!"

Hmm.... A few corrections are necessary. Your new card features the Amazon, but you haven't included her extra move phase. Her move should be: M-CL3* / S / S / S / H (with the asterisk representing her bonus phase).

Also, if you know that the chit is in Clearing 4 (and that it is a site chit and not a sound chit) it must have been revealed and, therefore, you know that it is not the Lost City. You don't have to get to the clearing that a chit is in to reveal whether it is a site, sound, or Lost City/Lost Castle chit.

If you want some help in proof-reading and editing your new cards, I'd be happy to volunteer.

Quote:
Speaking of which - what characters would you guys say would be fitting for learning the a) basics, b) combat, and c) magic?

a) Maybe for the basics you want to use a character without an extra phase each turn. It should be a character that a beginner could take, perhaps the Swordsman or the Black Knight. If you wanted to show a bonus move, I'd consider the Captain with a bonus move at a dwelling.

b) For combat, the Berserker is a good choice, or, if you want to show what acquiring a new weapon could entail, the Captain/Amazon with his/her original Short Sword and an Ax (or the Truesteel Sword?).

c) I think the best character to learn magic with is the Sorceror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcknight wrote:

Why?

Just curious. I've never played the Sorceror and have only played MR enough to have only played with a few basic characters. I love to see info on the different characters and I loved your strategy guides that you posted for most of the basic fighter types. So what's so special about the sorceror?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcknight wrote:
Hmm.... A few corrections are necessary...

If you want some help in proof-reading and editing your new cards, I'd be happy to volunteer.

Aw man, the Amazon's bonus move I discovered today at work while having a quick look at the rules during my lunch break (I seemed to have that advantage somewhere in the back of my head), but the whole Lost City thing is embarrassing blush That's the reason to why even an experienced MR-player could make use of a tutorial when you haven't played a certain game for a year...

And yes, help is much appreciated - especially proof-reading, because God knows I'll need it once I get to combat shake
If you have the time and heart for it then I'll be bombarding your mailbox as soon as things starts to get serious (I'm still only playing around some as it is now)

Quote:
ConraDargo wrote:

a) Maybe for the basics you want to use a character without an extra phase each turn. It should be a character that a beginner could take, perhaps the Swordsman or the Black Knight. If you wanted to show a bonus move, I'd consider the Captain with a bonus move at a dwelling.

b) For combat, the Berserker is a good choice, or, if you want to show what acquiring a new weapon could entail, the Captain/Amazon with his/her original Short Sword and an Ax (or the Truesteel Sword?).

Thanks, I'll consider changing the Amazon for Swordsman then. Though I do enjoy showing off her character advantage (the bonus move phase, that is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McKnight
United States
Needham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alkaiser wrote:
I've never played the Sorceror and have only played MR enough to have only played with a few basic characters. I love to see info on the different characters and I loved your strategy guides that you posted for most of the basic fighter types. So what's so special about the Sorceror?

The Sorceror has a simple, usually successful, strategy: Fiery Blast, Melt into Mist, one, two, cha-cha-cha. With MiM, he can never get into much trouble as long as he has Purple magic available - and he's got Type IV chits to burn. The only threat to a character with MiM and a Purple chit is another character with spell-breaking magic.

Without Watchful Natives, he'll smoke every native group he gets to: launch FB from hiding and burn a Purple to activate MiM in the next round. If the natives are Watchful, he'll have to persuade some other sucker friendly character to lure the natives while he presses the scorched earth button. Or he can wait until there are a bunch of Goblins or Wolves that need to be exterminated. Monsters are never Watchful and can be fried at will.

The FB/MiM strategy is so potent that the Sorceror can seem a little one-dimensional. There isn't much reason to search any further for a way to play him. Not that it isn't fun and there isn't a lot to learn. You quickly find out about alerting those FB's so they undercut everything. And the first time you try to take advantage of an enchanted tile or the Purple magic on Day 21 you quickly find out the disadvantage of MiM: you get transformed into harmless mist anytime there is Purple magic about, and rival mages can pop their own Purple magic to cause you to waft away in the wind.

And there is the question about your third spell. You can take the safe way out and have Disolve Spell so that you can stop being Mist when it's inconvenient. (Just have that Magic VI4* and some Purple magic ready in case there is trouble around!) If you want to play a little more on the edge, you can take Transform and use it on those Tremendous monsters that are exceptionally flame resistant, hoping to transform them into something that is small and toothless. (I love those T monsters transformed into Frogs that keep trying to gum you to death until you finally match directions with your dagger.) You will have to accept the chance that you may end up with your third spell tied up on a very tough Eagle, Lion, or Dragon - and you better be able to serve up MiM in a hurry if you roll low on the Transform table. Finally, you could team up with the Dwarf and take Blazing Light to give yourselves an extra phase in the caves. If you are playing with the Enhance Magic Optional Rule (10.C.1), you could even fire up a bunch of extra phases - one for each of your six Magic IV chits if you cast it in a Purple enchanted clearing. (Man, it's great to have as many magic chits as you want!)

In summary, the Sorceror is relatively straightforward to play while having excellent spells to cast. He can almost always get out of trouble with Melt into Mist, and he doesn't require as much attention to avoid running out of color magic He is a good showcase for magic-using characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Engström
Sweden
Umeå
N/A
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even more sneak peeks for everyone to rest your eyes upon, and keep you from thinking about anything but this thread laugh Here's a card with some basic tables:

*if you cannot see the image then the server is down!*

And more on what's going on at day 9:

DAY 9, THE BORDER LANDS

Ah, now this is a most interesting map tile. During the past eight days our character has explored the open clearings of thick forests, creepy valleys and even some steep mountains. Now for the first time during this adventure, you'll be going underground - exploring dark cave clearings.

And because there's a red Sound Chit in clearing 4, that's where we're heading - with hopes of finding either the Lost City or Lost Castle, both which contains as many as five additional chits and some of these are bound to include invaluable treasures! So once again you'll be putting an S into the Activities columns of the PHP, hoping to get a die roll of either 1 (Choice) or 4 (Discover chits) - looking at the Locate table.

TURN RECORD: M-BL3, M-BL6, H

At this point you're probably wondering why the Amazon seems to be forfeiting some of her phases. That's because caves do not allow the use of Sunlight phases, which doesn't sound too weird now does it? So you may only move to a cave clearing using your Basic phases and/or any extra Move(s) that you may be granted due to a special item or a character's special advantage - as in this case with the Amazon's bonus Move activity to clearing 6, giving her a chance to Hide during one of her Basic phases.

This also means that a character that starts the day in a cave clearing does not get these extra Sunlight phases. Thus characters can normally do only two activities per day in caves and four activities per day outside of the caves.

The Amazon may use her bonus move/phase whenever she want to, right? It doesn't have to be Base Move, Base Move, Bonus Move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
And because there's a red Sound Chit in clearing 4, that's where we're heading - with hopes of finding either the Lost City or Lost Castle,

As Steve pointed out above, if you know there is a red Sound chit in clearing 4, you already know the tile does not contain the Lost City. Also, the Borderland is a Cave tile and can never have the Lost Castle.

This is a cool idea. Have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is such a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McKnight
United States
Needham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ConraDargo wrote:

The Amazon may use her bonus move/phase whenever she want to, right? It doesn't have to be Base Move, Base Move, Bonus Move?

This is correct - you can use your bonus moves and base moves in any order you wish.

Some problems with the chart, though:

1. A player is not unhidden when he is "searched for and found." In fact, another character does not specifically search for any hidden character. If he finds "hidden enemies," the seaching character has the option to block or attack any hidden character in his clearing - but he does not have to block or attack them. The hidden character does not become unhidden unless he is blocked or attacked.

2. Need to add "Attacked or blocked (by a character who has found hidden enemies)" to the list of things that will cause a character to become unhidden. To be completely accurate, a character becomes unhidden when he is blocked during the day or charged or selected as a target during combat, but this may be more detail than you want in this table.

3. To be precise, a character remmains hidden until the beginning of his turn the following day. This is very significant, because it means that a character who hid the previous day cannot be blocked by characters or arriving monsters before he has a chance to hide or move away.

4. A character can choose to become unhidden at any time - not just at the end of his turn.

5. In the "Daily Activities" table, to move you must record not only "M" for move, of course, but also the clearing you intend to move into.

6. "When searching, a player first chooses where he or she is searching and then declares which table he is using before making a roll on that table."

This is accurate except that ordinarily a player can only search the clearing that his or her character is in. If the character is in a mountain clearing, the player can choose to search - using the Peer Table only - in any non-cave clearing in the same hex tile or any adjacent hex tile. Other exceptions are for magical items (e.g., the Crystal Ball).

I'm not sure how many of these special cases you want to include. It seems like you might want to focus on the usual case - searching the clearing that the character is in. Note that clearings are searched, not a particular site or character. If the clearing has two treasure sites and the player rolls a "Discover Chits" result, he finds both treasure sites in the clearing. If a character finds "Hidden Enemies," he can block or attack any hidden character that he shares a clearing with during the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please get this project done. I have owned MR for years now and have never played it with Natives or Magic. I have only played it 3 times and can't get others to try it. The rule book makes me go crosseyed after a while.

Your idea and style of execution seem to me like a winning combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.