GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Hero: Falcon - Completed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

My second contribution is a hero.
I wanted to give a perfect sidekick to Captain America. And who's better than Falcon to assume this role?

It's gameplay is very similar to Emma Frost. Not any big surprises but still a very good new avenger that will enhance Captain's color skills.

Hope you will enjoy it

Common 1

Common 2

Uncommon

Rare

Edit : Commons have been changed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hero Falcon
I would recommend one of these for your Uncommon.

Each player may reveal an A(vengers) card to draw a card.

Each player may reveal another A(vengers) card. Any who do draw a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you should change Common 2's combo power from Covert to Ranged so that the Commons work together and push the need for multiple colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
logan3825 wrote:

Definitely

My english is kinda rusty. Sorry for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
FrankieP wrote:
Perhaps you should change Common 2's combo power from Covert to Ranged so that the Commons work together and push the need for multiple colors.

The idea was to make a hero to complete Captain America's colors (blue and red). So, I can't really change it for the Common 2. And I think it would be too powerful to have same colors for the commons. Especially for a more support oriented hero(e.g. Emma Frost).
But I can make one if you wanna try it

Or maybe the Common 2 should be a completly different power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
Vin Damage wrote:
logan3825 wrote:

Definitely

I replaced it by the exact Emma Frost text card:

"Each player may reveal another Hero. Each player who does draws a card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vin Damage wrote:
FrankieP wrote:

The idea was to make a hero to complete Captain America's colors (blue and red). So, I can't really change it for the Common 2. And I think it would be too powerful to have same colors for the commons. Especially for a more support oriented hero(e.g. Emma Frost).

I'm not sure you understood what I was suggesting. The card should stay Covert. The Combo power/effect should change to ranged so that the 2 commons play off each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankieP wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
FrankieP wrote:

I'm not sure you understood what I was suggesting. The card should stay Covert. The Combo power/effect should change to ranged so that the 2 commons play off each other.

Agreed, it would create more functionality within the hero set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
jhochges wrote:
FrankieP wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
FrankieP wrote:

You're right, I misunderstood what you meant .

I'll make the change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
Vin Damage wrote:
jhochges wrote:
FrankieP wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
FrankieP wrote:

You're right, I misunderstood what you meant .

I'll make the change.

Done

Thanks for your advices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brauchler
United States
Mansfield
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the "each player may reveal a card, if then draw a card' mechanic. Gets everyone involved with a single player's turn. Nice work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
justinbrauchler wrote:
I like the "each player may reveal a card, if then draw a card' mechanic. Gets everyone involved with a single player's turn. Nice work!

Thank you but all the credit should go to the Legendary game designers. I've just copied/pasted the Emma Frost Uncommon to Falcon (which works perfectly with his background ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TALON STRIKE
A port of Emma's. But why is this Ranged? It should be Strength. He's kicking you. You would need to change the trigger on the other common again.

Everything else looks very simple and of course, similar to Emma.

Looks simple but elegant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
okami31 wrote:
TALON STRIKE
A port of Emma's. But why is this Ranged? It should be Strength. He's kicking you. You would need to change the trigger on the other common again.

I really need a range common card with Falcon for the combinations with Captain America. Maybe I could find a better name than Talon Strike (but I won't change the art )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vin Damage wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
logan3825 wrote:

Definitely

I replaced it by the exact Emma Frost text card:

"Each player may reveal another Hero. Each player who does draws a card."

Better yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vin Damage wrote:
okami31 wrote:
TALON STRIKE

I really need a range common card with Falcon for the combinations with Captain America. Maybe I could find a better name than Talon Strike (but I won't change the art )

Yeah, but you'd be forcing it.

Angel, who is the closest match as the other top Marvel air support, is Covert, Strength and Instinct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
okami31 wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
okami31 wrote:
TALON STRIKE

Angel, who is the closest match as the other top Marvel air support, is Covert, Strength and Instinct.

As Falcon is a bird trainer and have a mental link with is pet Redwing, maybe we can consider than sending it to face the ennemy is a ranged attack? And "Talon Strike" can fit the description .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vin Damage wrote:
okami31 wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
okami31 wrote:
TALON STRIKE

As Falcon is a bird trainer and have a mental link with is pet Redwing, maybe we can consider than sending it to face the ennemy is a ranged attack? And "Talon Strike" can fit the description .

You know. I was thinking of that after I posted. If he still has that power which I think some writers opted to ignore and others showcased it, then you can justify the Ranged by being a mind-type of power just like Emma Frost's. But I think it would be better if the name of the card didn't evoke an actual physical strike, but rather spoke more of the avian-human connection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
okami31 wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
okami31 wrote:
Vin Damage wrote:
okami31 wrote:
TALON STRIKE

You know. I was thinking of that after I posted. If he still has that power which I think some writers opted to ignore and others showcased it, then you can justify the Ranged by being a mind-type of power just like Emma Frost's. But I think it would be better if the name of the card didn't evoke an actual physical strike, but rather spoke more of the avian-human connection.

You're right, I must think of a better name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it could start with:

Falcon's
Raptor's
Redwing's
Sky's

and be followed by

Eyes
Link
Mind

If you do so, you may consider making the Ranged card a recruit, and changing the second common to attack...it can still be a Covert attack and it could be a Falcon Strike...covert because the enemy wasn't expecting an attack from above (which could benefit from Elektra's "If this is the first card you play...").

It all depends if you are open to more changing or if you're satisfied with whatcha got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools
I'm not sure to follow completly.

I could swap the arts of the commons, so "Watchers" would become "Sky's Eyes", a range recruit card and "Falcon Strike" a covert damage card.

Is it what you got in mind?

I do not know the power of Elektra, Dark city should be in possession in early september

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I was thinking that his telepathic link with birds wouldn't be an attack, since it's more about seeing through bird's eyes, etc. So it would be what Watchers is now.

Then his covert will be the attack, but how can his attack be covert and not strength? Well, it would symbolize him suddenly diving down and kicking the enemy, appearing out of nowhere.

I posted Elektra's stuff in your thunderbolt thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so here are my suggestions:

common 1
Talon Strike
Covert
cost 3
attack 1
Draw a card
If this is the first Avengers card you've played this turn, your next Avengers Hero gets +1 of its printed value.

Either recruit or attack. So Cap can provide the one-two punch!

common 2
Watchers in the Sky (Watchers by itself is not that snazzy a title)
Ranged
cost 3
recruit 2+
(covert) +1 recruit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools

Seems good to me

I'll make the changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Marinelli
Belgium
flag msg tools

Done

I will add "Completed" to the title of the thread.

Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.