GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,413 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » General

Subject: What combos have you discovered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Sitz
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oldschoolgamr kept talking about Mike Cho and the baseball bat; it's better for him than a shotgun!

Last night I had Sparky with the Snowshoes (they turn frostbite into normal wounds) so he could roll exposure and get at worst a normal wound. This was especially cool because I had the secret objective
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Masochist - you win if one of your survivors has 2 or more wound markers of any type. So I just had Sparky run around and fight stuff until he had 2 wounds.

Blueprints with any of the correct searchers are all great because it can allow you to look at and keep 3 cards for one action.

John Price can learn a lot from Kodiak Colby as they camp out at the location of their choice without attracting any zombies.

What are some of your favorites?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played with Harman/Herman and I had that same secret objective. I rolled too well though and killed 8 or so zombies and taking only one wound.

The "Raiding Party" main objective and Bev Russel's crossroads cards is a sweet combo if it comes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Duran
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a fun situation where I had a leader, and then Forrest Plum (the Mall Santa) and John Price (the Student) along with a Loner secret objective. So, naturally, when the colony was nearing victory, Forrest and his acolyte John ran off into the woods, bells jingling, never to be seen again, and man, did that make the colony happy (and me even happier).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll likely add more here as I think of them, but:

Ashley Ross + the Hammer = a fully secured gas station or library for one action die.

The accountant guy (or Jenny) + a blueprint = a slightly better version of a normal location specific search survivor (IE Janet, Alexis, the Grocer, Carla, Arthur).

Chamomile Tea + late-night games of DoW =
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Significantly higher chance of activating the "Sleep" crossroads card. snore whistle devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JaydedOne wrote:
I had a fun situation where I had a leader, and then Forrest Plum (the Mall Santa) and John Price (the Student) along with a Loner secret objective. So, naturally, when the colony was nearing victory, Forrest and his acolyte John ran off into the woods, bells jingling, never to be seen again, and man, did that make the colony happy (and me even happier).

Thats kind of brilliant. Plus a good move if/when you need 2 morale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Downum
United States
Grover Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a game where the truck driver got a pistol. This meant every turn he could move to a location and take out a zombie with no exposure die rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.