GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Resource question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Branimir Tkalec
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Couple of newbie questions:

Playing solo, first scenario, 1 deck.
When I successfully change Afganistan Islamist rule to poor ally, and then I go for Gulf states and Saudi Arabia which are both already on ally and have 3 resources each. I have prestige on 7 which is +1 on WOI for lets say Gulf states. And when Gulf states get on good posture that is another +1 WOI for Saudi Arabia (adjacent good ally). Thats now 6 resources.

1.Is that instant win? (6 resources and no islamist rule country)
2.Can I even do WOI if cells are present?
3.Do you get good resources only if country is ally?
4.Do I still have to go through the whole deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

1. It's not an instant win. You lose if you have less than 6 good resources at the end of a 1deck solo game (check the box in the top right of the player aid flowchart)

2. Woi in a country is not affected by the presence of cells. Any neutral or ally Muslim country is a valid target though if it is regime change you need at least 5 more troops than cells

3. Not sure about this one. Some cards get you to shift alignment so a Good Ally might go to Good Neutral. That would still count as Good resources. My opinion anyway.

4. Yep see 1 you haven't won yet . In solo there is no US instant win condition (removal of all cells is not a win solo).

Good luck. There's a lot to remember and figure out but it's a great game. Check out late night gamers videos for excellent play examples (he's up to turn 4 currently )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Westrip
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The US need 12 Good resources to win but, in the solo game, they need at least 6+ Good resources to not lose when the deck is re-shuffled (or in your case at the end of the deck).
2. Yes. It is only in a Regime Change country that you need 5 more troops than cells. Other than that, cells are not a determining factor WoI eligibility.
3. No. The country improves Alignment to Ally and then starts to improve Governance so you can only WoI a country from Fair to Good if a country is an ally. An event may shift a Good Ally to a Good Neutral and in that instance you still get the resources.
4. Read 2.0 in the rules. If you can meet any of those conditions, except cell elimination which is not a win condition in solo play, then you have won. Read 9.1 to see how in solo play you can lose!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry yep I forgot about the US good fair resource win conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branimir Tkalec
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for quick response. Its a gamechanger now. Cannot wait to try again.

dbelcher wrote:
...Check out late night gamers videos for excellent play examples (he's up to turn 4 currently )

Yeah, those videos are great, made me bought the game in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. The US need 12 Good resources to win but, in the solo game, they need at least 6+ Good resources to not lose when the deck is re-shuffled (or in your case at the end of the deck).

So assuming jihadists didn't get their win conditions and US has 6-11 resources, does that mean it's a tie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
Quote:

So assuming jihadists didn't get their win conditions and US has 6-11 resources, does that mean it's a tie?

No, the Jihadist non-player needs resources to instantly win (only the US player in solitaire can't auto-win), and is still considered to have won if the last deck runs out and the US player doesn't have the 6/9/12 good resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.