GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,265 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: What did you preorder for Wave 6? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I preordered...

1* Most Wanted Expansion Pack
2* StarViper Expansion Pack
4* M3-A Interceptor Expansion Pack
2* IG-2000 Expansion Pack

I think this'll give me a good start for a small Vigilante squadron and enough cards to beef up my Rebel and Imperial squadrons.

What will you preorder for wave 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Dorko
msg tools
Nothing yet because I'm still budgeting for Wave 5.

However, I'm probably going to order

1 - Most Wanted
2 - Star Viper
2-4 M3-A
1 IG 2k

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it still is to early to tell. i know 1 of each. M3 looks like it could swarm, but i don't know if it will work as a swarm ship. With stats similar to a Tie, which the 20 pt M3 is Howlrunner for the defending dice which is cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not in the movies, I don't order it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm holding off until I have a better idea of the point costs and cards in each pack. But it's going to be hard to not get 4 IG-2000s for maximum IG-88 shenanigans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
If it's not in the movies, I don't order it.

So... that would be 1x Most Wanted pack to of course get the Slave 1 cards when Boba was Jabba's Henchman, right?

I'll be ordering this:

1x Most Wanted
3x M3A Interceptor
1x IG2000 (potentially 3 more)
1x Star Viper (potentially 1 more)

+ 1 new case to hold everything. I think with these I may have FINALLY outgrown my Plano 5231!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Sebastian
"enough cards to beef up my Rebel and Imperial squadrons"

I thought you could not mix and match factions ? cards from Most Wanted would not be used into Rebel/Imp squads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't pre-ordered yet, but when I do, it will be:

1 Most Wanted
3 Sycks
2 Aggressors
2 Star Vipers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want my game pure Rebel vs Empire so the wave 6 doesn't interest me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 X-Wing: IG-2000
4 X-Wing: M3-A Intercepor
2 X-Wing: Most Wanted Expansion Pack
3 X-Wing: StarViper Expansion Pack

A quick look at the previews gives you a look at the general point costs. I'm erring on the side that the pilots previewed will be most expensive.

Boba Fett remains the same, however, I'll probably need 2 sets of firespray dials and maybe 2 HWK dials. Also, more Y-wings and Z-95's can't hurt. (It looks like each kit comes with 2 Y-wing Scum dials)

StarViper looks like tops out at 31, so that's max 3 in a 100 point squad

Sycks top out at about 20? So I'm only going with 4 because that's my general rule.

IG-2000 only 3, because the most expensive pilot is 36 points. So unless the other pilots are cheap, you're most likely only going to be able to run 3 in a standard game...

I'm a little crazy though...not every one will have as much as I do. I can easily see a better case for 1 or 2 of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
@Sebastian

I thought you could not mix and match factions ? cards from Most Wanted would not be used into Rebel/Imp squads?

Not all the upgrades will be illicit. We've already heard that interceptor fans will salivate over the autothrusters upgrade in the Star Viper pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
rokkon wrote:

IG-2000 only 3, because the most expensive pilot is 36 points. So unless the other pilots are cheap, you're most likely only going to be able to run 3 in a standard game...

But the last one will get lonely...

I actually wouldn't be surprised if ALL the IG-88s were 36 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
rokkon wrote:

I would! that would break precedent... also, that would mean a max of 2 of them could be fielded in normal 100 pt games...

They all have the same pilot skill, so the differences would have to be in their abilities... as far as I know, I've never seen 1 ability weighed the same as another...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like everything else I will probably order two of everything.
As an aside i just dont understand people that will only play what is in the movie.

It is a miniatures game that happens to be based on a universe. It is meant to grow and thrive. I can only imagine playing xwing vs tie etc I would get very bored very quickly but thats just my take

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same things I do with every release, and just pre-ordered two of everything. I've done this since the game launched and it has rarely served me badly.

Yes, I ended up with two Tie Advanced, rotting in the back of my storage, but in general the "Everything x2" means I get enough of every upgrade that I would probably want duplicates of.

I also do it this way because while there are always a couple ships I might want a third or fourth of, I am able to play with them first and see what I like, plus it leaves me "small" purchases (IE single ships) that I can make to support my local game store. As a rule I always try to spend $10/15 a week if I go and play, as they've hosted me and my fun for X hours, and I want to see the community continue to thrive.

The only thing is, for the first time I feel like my 2x rule might have been a bit much as it pertains to the "Most Wanted" pack, since it means I am going to end up with eight total Z-95's in my collection. At least i'll have 'em for Epic Play though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered:
1 Firespray 23
1 HWK-290

Because of those two I only had one each, but need more now if I want to give scum options

1 Most Wanted (because that is clearly enough atm)
1 StarViper (I need to see what role it fits before I start getting more)
2 M3-A Interceptors (I think I'll get 2 more later on, but for now if one of the players I am supporting with my ships wants to fill her/his scum roster s/he has to stick to Y-Wings and Z-95's.)
2 IG-2000. (I am quite sure, that all of the IG-88 droids ae gonna cost around 35-37 points. And since you can't fit three of them into standard 100 points play with that prizetag only two will do atm. We'll see if Scum is supported for Epic. If it is, then I'll someday get two more.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgb7 wrote:
@Sebastian

Regular upgrade cards and titles can be used across the factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rokkon wrote:
Sassycat wrote:
rokkon wrote:

I would! that would break precedent... also, that would mean a max of 2 of them could be fielded in normal 100 pt games...

They all have the same pilot skill, so the differences would have to be in their abilities... as far as I know, I've never seen 1 ability weighed the same as another...

They're already breaking precedent by having 4 unique pilots and no generics. It just seems weird thematically and mechanically for one of the IG-88s to be better than the others. If they're all the same point cost then you're incentivized to think about the ability of each one, rather than taking the best IG-88 and the X cheapest ones to fill out the squad.

Only fitting 2 in a 100 point game is a good point though. I guess we'll see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Scott
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pack of Most Wanted and 1 IG-2000

Will probably get another of each at some point and one of Xizor's ships just for Xizor.

The fighter doesn't appeal to me much but if it comes with some kickass cards, maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't preorder.

Having said that, when it comes out, I'll probably buy just one of each. I think I'm through getting "complete" collections.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4 X-Wing: IG-2000
8 X-Wing: M3-A Intercepor
4 X-Wing: Most Wanted Expansion Pack
4 X-Wing: StarViper Expansion Pack

Too many?!

Planning to have enough for team epic games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IsaacCatan wrote:
Nothing yet because I'm still budgeting for Wave 5.

Bingo! laugh Me too. Still waiting for my Outrider and alternate paint scheme B and A Wings to hit the store shelves at Miniature Market before I worry too much about the wave after that. Although when it does finally hit, it's IG-88's ship and the alternate color scheme Y-Wing that'll have my attention first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't preordered wave 5 yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I want enough to field 100 points with the cheapest pilot each.

Because I have no clue how much that'll be, I haven't preordered yet.

I will want to get four IG-2000 though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
msg tools
I have played X-wing before, but never bought into it - until I heard about S&V. I already bought a Firespray and HWK, and here is my current plan for purchases:

1 (possibly 2) Most Wanted
3 x Starvipers (I really like that ship)
2 x IG-2000

No plans for Scyks - they don't appeal to me personally yet, but I might pick them up after I see them in action.

Speaking of: anyone have an extra damage deck that they would be willing to sell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.